20123Re: [DeepSkyStacker] Re: Star Problem with Comets

  • J. D MADDY
    May 17, 2017

      I did mark the center of the comet on each frame. Very carefully also. I've not had this problem until recently. I shot the comet again last night, so I'll give it another try. I also shot Tuttle 41P. I'll let everyone know the results.

      Thanks,

      JD Maddy

      Clarkdale, AZ
      On 5/16/2017 1:26 PM, Leonard Ward wardlr2012@... [DeepSkyStacker] wrote:

      Hi JD;

        I looks like you did not manually identify the comet center in each sub frame before stacking with the "Comet" mode. Click the Edit Comet Icon in the Image window then locate the center of the comet with the mouse, hold Shift and hit the left click on the mouse. This should place a circle around the point you selected. You have to do this in every frame.

      Fly with Pegasus
      Len
      Orion Atlas EQ-G, Meade LXD75
      Meade SN8, Explore Scientific AR102, Tasco 114
      Canon T1i, Celestron 5M, ZWO ASI120MM-S
      DSS, Pixinsight

      On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:43 PM, sander_pool@... [DeepSkyStacker] <DeepSkyStacker@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi,

      The comet moves relative to the stars so stars will smear when DSS aligns on the comet core. DSS has a comet stacking mode where it combines the stacked comet with a stacked star image but it is difficult to get the combination working properly. You could experiment with it and see if you like the result better.

         Sander

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic