New to the group!

  • brandisherrera
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2010
      Hi, I'm Brandi and I'm new to this group! I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old and we live outside of Boyd. I was wondering if anyone was meeting for playdates at all? We would love to join one so we can get out of the house a little bit more!
    • Valleri Sewell
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2010
        I'd like to start a playgroup on Thursday mornings at Waggonner park in Decatur around 9:30. My son is 3 1/2 and daughter is 1 1/2. If you have kiddos around this age or are just eager to get out and meet some new people, please come join us. If the weather is bad, we could head to my house (302 S. Miller, Decatur) if the group isn't too big. If it's more than 8-10 people, we can meet at McDonald's. We'll be at the park starting tomorrow, and will try to keep it up each week. I have blonde hair, usually in a pony tail. We usually walk, so you can look for a gray stroller.
        Hope to see some new faces!
        Valleri Sewell
        (940) 231-5228

        P.S. I apologize if there's already a regular playgroup on this day/time. I wasn't aware of anything, and am just trying to get something going, since we seem to have several new members. :)
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2010
          Hi Valleri,

          Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond earlier to your e-mail. Thanks for setting this up and I hope that you all had a great time at the park. The weather is definitely great for it!

          We won't be able to make it as my son has speech and a preschool class Tuesday and Thursday mornings. But I know that we have a lot of new people in the group and I hope you can all start meeting there weekly!

          Melanie

          On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Valleri Sewell <valleri.sewell@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Melissa Howe

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2010
              I'm sorry that Thursdays won't work for either of you. Is there another day that would work better? I'm toying with the idea of having play groups twice a week, but not sure how consistent we could be to both groups, plus I don't want the kids to get tired of the parks too quickly, since we don't have tons of choices in Decatur.

              I was thinking of meeting on Wednesdays. If there's more interest on that day, we could just switch it. No one came last week, so it may be that Thursdays are not good for anyone else.

              Let me know. We'll be at Waggoner park tomorrow (Wed.) around 9:30.

              Valleri
              (940) 231-5228

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 28, 2010
                I think the problem we used to run into with Tuesdays and Thursdays is the Mother's Day Out program that is every Tues/Thurs morning. We never were involved in it but the majority of people seem to be. So you  may have a lot better luck with Wednesdays.

                We'll be able to make it Wednesdays for sure. Our son is getting over a cold and seems to feel well today so if that continues to be the case, we'll be there tomorrow :-) We should be able to make most Wednesdays :-)

                Melanie