FW: For Your Consideration....

  • Amanda Deerr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009

      --- On Sun, 12/13/09, Irwin, Andrea <AIrwin@...> wrote:

      From: Irwin, Andrea <AIrwin@...>
      Subject: FW: For Your Consideration....
      To: "Fryan, Mark" <MFryan@...>, "Bates, Christopher" <CjBates@...>, "Tamalyn Aaby" <tamiaaby@...>, COWALTERS1@..., "Amanda Deerr" <amandadeerr@...>, "Shepherd, Sandy" <SShepherd@...>
      Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 5:18 PM

      I’d like to add, NO MORE BILL’S with ton’s of earmarks incorporated ,that is bribery for votes. Let’s pass one Bill at a time so these politicians can actually read them

      From: ROBERT L BAER <jo2bob@...>

      Date: December 8, 2009 10:10:02 AM MST

      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:18:24 -0700

      Subject: For Your Consideration....

      A friend sent this along to me. I can't think of a reason to disagree!! (Don’t know who the author is)

      THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

      CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT OF 2010

      1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
      A. Two Six year Senate terms
      B. Six Two year House terms
      C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms

      Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      2.  No Tenure / No Pension:
       A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

      Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      3.  Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security:
          All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately.  All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.

      Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, server your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan just as all Americans.

      Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.  Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

         Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned  citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      6. Congress looses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

      Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      7. Congress must equally abide in all laws they impose on the American people.

        Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      8. All contracts with past and present congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.
          The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

       Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.  The Founding Fathers envisioned  citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

      If you agree with the above, pass it on to all in your address list.   If not, just delete.

      I am sending this to virtually everybody on my e-mail list and that includes conservatives, liberals, and everybody in between. Even though we disagree on a number of issues, I count all of you as friends.  My friend and neighbor wants to promote a "Congressional Reform Act of 2009". It would contain eight provisions, all of which would probably be strongly endorsed by those who drafted the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Friends, please send me your recommendations on how this bill can be improved.

      I know many of you will say, "this is impossible".  Let me remind you, Congress has the lowest approval of any entity in Government, now is the time when Americans will join together to reform Congress - the entity that represents us.

      We need to get a Senator to introduce this bill in the US Senate and a Representative to introduce a similar bill in the US House.  These people will become American hero's..  Please send any ideas on how to get this done.

      Thanks,

      A Fellow American

      Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox. Check it out

       FRONTIER AIRLINES
      Now partnering with Midwest Airlines to offer you more flight options and more cities than ever before.

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.