Mom needs help!

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
      Hey ladies -

      Before I let this completely crush me and panic sets in, I thought I would ask if anyone has experienced this.  Yesterday Cody's eyes started blinking and he woke up this morning blinking.  It is like a slow blink where his entire eye blinks not just his eye lid.  It is like if you close your eyes tight and then quickly open them.  This happens about every 10 seconds or so.

      If you have any idea what this might be, could you email or call 940.393.3676.  Say a little prayer for us.

      Thanks,
      Mac

    • danielle scroggins
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
        don't freak out just yet.  :)  tanner did the same thing at the beginning of last school year.  i asked my dr. about it, and she told me to watch him and see if they could be classified as "tics" like terret's? (i know that's spelled wrong).  he did it for about a month, and then quit.  my dr.  said it was probably stress, allergies, or just being a little worn down.

        see what the other moms say though-they could be wiser than me.  :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
          mac-

          I have not experienced this with my kiddos but I will ask around and see if anyone else has.  I hope it's just what Tanner went through...will keep ya'll in our prayers.

          Jodi

          To: decaturmomclub@yahoogroups.com; nicolesmith@...
          From: macanddave@...
          Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:20:27 -0700

          Hey ladies -

          Before I let this completely crush me and panic sets in, I thought I would ask if anyone has experienced this.  Yesterday Cody's eyes started blinking and he woke up this morning blinking.  It is like a slow blink where his entire eye blinks not just his eye lid.  It is like if you close your eyes tight and then quickly open them.  This happens about every 10 seconds or so.

          If you have any idea what this might be, could you email or call 940.393.3676.  Say a little prayer for us.

          Thanks,
          Mac

          Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
        • Christian and Sharyn Helm
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
            Mac...I haven't experienced this either, but am hoping that it is just a little crazy kid thing!
            Is he sad that Wesley started school maybe or anxious about TCP?
            Hopefully, it will clear up soon....try not to worry too much!  Thinking about you...missed ya at playgroup!
            Sharyn

            To: decaturmomclub@ yahoogroups. com; nicolesmith@ embarqmail. com

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
              Mac-
              Ariana did this for about several months ago. I think it was stress and anxiety with everything going on and a lot of transition in her world. We spent a lot of time with her and (lovingly) helping her to know when she was doing it so she could be aware. She stopped doing it and all seems well.

              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T