1-2 spots remaining for 10 week Filial Therapy Parent Group starting TOMORROW & next Saturday!

  • emilygreenlpc
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 677 KB
    Hi All!
    My name is Emily and I am a therapist in the area. I am writing because I am starting a 10-week parenting (filial therapy) group for parents with kids under 10yo, and I have a 1-2 spots remaining. The premise is that while we know that a strong parent-child relationship is the foundation for children’s future success, the demands of parenting often leave us feeling frustrated, out of control, and with little time to focus on relationship quality. The group is geared for parents who are feeling anxious/overwhelmed with the realities of parenting, or who see their kids struggling with acting out, anxiety, school refusal, internalizing sx, etc. Basically it is child/play therapy 101 for parents, which teaches skills and techniques proven effective for helping parents communicate with and discipline their children more effectively. This play-based and research-supported approach helps parents learn to successfully manage their children’s behavior and emotions, and provides parents with the keys to enhancing and strengthening the parent-child bond. Most importantly, this allows for more fun and connection with their children. Some families call me with the intention of bringing their kids in for individual therapy, though after participating, most parents no longer feel the need to bring their kiddos in for therapy because they have learned to therapeutically address/respond/prevent escalation themselves. The model is also tried and true, so beyond my positive experience with families, research shows that motivated parents can be as effective as any therapist in helping their child(ren). I believe in this model both personally and professionally and I hope and believe this will be relevant and helpful. The attached flier has a bit more info.

    The current group of parents is hoping to start TOMORROW or next Saturday, 5/3, though other times are available depending on peoples’ availabilities. The cost varies depending on whether parents prefer to participate in the group or individually. I am also hoping to start a group tailored to parents who are separating/divorcing to support them in co-parenting through divorce in a realistic but healthy way in order to foster their kid(s) resilience through divorce.
    Thank you all!
    Emily Green, LPC, RPT-S
    Registered Play Therapist & Supervisor
    EMDR & Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
    1201 Clairmont Road
    Suite 305-B
    Decatur, GA 30030
    (678) 561-0835

    *Please note that email is not necessarily a secure form of communication. Please use phone communication for particularly private matters. Your use of email constitutes your acknowledgement of these confidentiality and security limitations. Please remember that email with your therapist will be considered part of your private treatment record. This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action on the contents  of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.