For Jewish moms (and their families): Rosh Hashanah in Decatur on Sept. 6th

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 6:56 AM
      Don't know what to do for Rosh Hashanah? Spend it (or at least the second day of it) with other intown Jews. A group of young families is putting on its own service. It'll be family-friendly, inclusive, and joyful!

      And, it's the real deal. We've got Rabbi Jonathan Crane, who will incorporate liturgy from Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, and Reconstructionist prayer books in an egalitarian and interactive service. We've got a Torah and Shofar. And we have a beautiful space in which to pray and celebrate together.

      With a Tashlich ceremony and potluck lunch thrown in, you can make a day of it. Everybody is welcome!

      When: Friday, Sept. 6 (second day of Rosh Hashanah)

      Where: Atlanta Friends Meetinghouse
      701 W. Howard Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030

      Schedule: Religious service: 10 a.m. - noon
      Tashlich ceremony at a nearby stream: 12:15 - 12:30
      Potluck lunch: 12:45 - 2:30

      Kids: Childcare provided for ages 0-3
      Programming provided for ages 4 and up

      Cost: $25 per adult; $18 per child

      Go to this link: Roshhashanah-chavurahstyle.eventbrite.com/ to buy tickets and sign up for the potluck. Hope to see you there!