debating intelligent design

  • mbalter@wanadoo.fr
    Message 1 of 91 , Oct 11, 2005
      Timothy, you are pretty much the only one who has actually tried to engage
      with my argument. Otherwise, almost all the other posts consist of members
      of this group telling each other that ID is not science, that it is
      identical to creationism, that only stupid and ignorant Americans don't
      accept evolution (thus writing off over 200 million people as hopeless.) In
      other words, people here are talking to themselves, while the ID crowd is
      talking to the American people and winning many more "converts" than anyone
      here. That is my whole point, and that is why I said that there should be a
      debate. If ID is wrong, then raise it in the debate; if ID is not science,
      then raise that in the debate too. But neither points are arguments for not
      debating. If people here want to Debunk Creation, then they have to do it
      in an arena where people are actually listening. Don't just preach to the
      converted! And you certainly don't have to convert me, who has written
      extensively on how humans are the result of evolution. For a sample, you
      can read my "Are Humans Still Evolving?" story in Science:

      http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/309/5732/234?ijkey=DFjt5MUjYwurQ&
      keytype=ref&siteid=sci

      If you have trouble reading it, email me and I will be happy to send the
      pdf.

      best wishes, Michael Balter

      www.michaelbalter.com

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Ian Robinson
      Message 91 of 91 , Oct 14, 2005
        On 14/10/05 20:41, "Anne Gilbert" <shanidar9@...> wrote:

        > "Ahem"! Why do Dave and Ian have to be periodically reminded of what kind of
        > list this is??????

        Give up!!!!!! Maybe you can tell us??????

        Jeez.

        Ian
        --
        Ian Robinson - Belfast - UK <http://www.canicula.com>