Re: FW: column from Time Magazine

  • Phil Schuster
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      Phil S:
      Totalitarian movements in history have always been that way. Their
      absolute certainty masks a very dangerous sense of insecurity. I see
      creationism as part of a wider movement in America toward a more
      authoritarian, anti-intellectual state.

      RAY PERREAULT <daganawidah@y...> wrote:
      > /Only as long as anyone's faith is protected in that.
      > The problem with the Christian Wrong and the present
      > mentality is that only 'correct' Christians can freely
      > proclaim to their lung's capability, everybody else
      > better shut up. That shut up command applies to many
      > Christian sects as well.
      >
      > Ray

      > --- Ian Robinson <net@c...> wrote:
      >

      > > On 31 Jul 2005, at 21:38, Lenny Flank wrote:
      > >
      > > > Faith can and should be proclaimed from every
      > > mountaintop
      > > > and city square.
      > >
      > > Shudder.
      > >
      > > Ian
      > > --
      > > Ian Robinson - Belfast - UK
      > > <http://www.canicula.com>
      > > Soapbox -
      > > <http://homepage.mac.com/ianrobinson/index.html>

      > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • RAY PERREAULT
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        /Creationism/IDiocy is, and they admit to it. IDiots
        proclaim themselves to be part of a great plan to
        totally revamp all society to their norm, using
        IDiocy. YEC believers are encouraged by the
        ayatollahs to proclaim that only a Creationist can
        truly believe in God, or even to think 'correctly'.

        Ray

        http://mail.yahoo.com