Re: Speaking of eyes

  • Max Wurr
    Message 1 of 116 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, "star5777006" <Star57@a...>
      <mikesims10670@y...>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > One notable duck thing (started with an M I think -
      > > but not a Mallard) has eyes that change shape and
      > > immediately dilate when it goes under water.
      >
      > A merganser, perhaps?
      >
      > Joe

      If it was a Merganser (and it sounds likely as there are few ducks
      that dive for fish) it also has another remarkable adaptation shared
      with the other members of its 'family'. The Goosander, Smew, Red-
      breasted and Hooded Mergansers all have a serrated bill (unlike other
      ducks). The spines on the bill point slightly inwards, allowing the
      duck to hold firmly onto any fish it happens to snap up.

      Max
    • Jim Taylor
      Message 116 of 116 , Sep 9, 2004
        > Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:48:10 +0100
        > From: Ian Robinson <net@...>
        > Subject: Re: A Creationist Has Arrived !
        >
        > On 2/9/04 12:31 am, "Jim Taylor" <vizenos@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hey, Teach! I'm finished! Can I go to the rest room? I need a smoke!
        >
        > I think you've smoked quite enough of *that* for one day!!
        > :-)

        Hey, just doing my bit for the Mexican economy.... ;)

        Regards,
        Jim

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool