Re: Digest Number 69

  • nleahy@iastate.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 1999
      > It's very nice and liberal for DebunkCreationers to assume blame for
      > causing an unpleasant atmosphere, but let us not forget that right at
      > the start, Pete was told that he was trying to start an argument on the
      > wrong list; that it was about biological evolution, not cosmology.
      >
      > Liz

      I have to agree with Liz. Pete did state immediately that he wanted an argument.
      His first message his first message was can be summed up as, "I think the Big Bang
      is wrong because I don't understand the evidence." He made no statement of his
      own thoughts on the origins of the universe and flat-out contradicted anyone who
      tried to answer his questions. Finally, he resorted to verbal attacks an
      profanity. Only after all this happened, did he actually come forth with what his
      thoughts were.

      Based on this, it was fairly evident that he wanted nothing more than to make
      people angry. I think the responsibility likes with Pete much more than any other
      member of this list.

      ---
      Nicole Leahy
      nleahy@...