Children was Re: Wisdom Teeth?

  • oligonicella
    Message 1 of 100 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, Mike Sims <mikesims10670@y...>
      wrote:

      > Well ... when someone of supposed intelligence likens
      > children to "parasites", I tend to get my dander up.
      > We were ALL children once, we should all remember what
      > it was like to be a child, and demonstrate a little
      > compassion as a result. If there were no children,
      > our species would cease to exist, so in that regard,
      > they are to be admired and respected.

      As someone who raised one through infancy, they are indeed parasites.
      Cute, cuddly, lovable parasites. Then they evolve.

      You make a good argument for *having* kids, but it is not a good
      argument for admiring and respecting them.

      What exactly is to be admired and respected? Some are good, some are
      rat's asses, just like everyone else.

      Father of one, uncle of six; love 'em all.
    • Wilson Alan
      Message 100 of 100 , Jul 9, 2003

        Jim,
        Forgive my intrusion but all that remains is for you to
        forgive Mike Sims for his unwillingness to ask for forgivewness
        for his self-indulgent, self-destructive and, egregious insults to Mike.
        <cheeky big grin>

        Alan
        :-)