Re: Panspermia again

  • John Chalmers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 1999
      It depends upon the size, orbit, composition, speed, etc. of the
      meterorite. Obviously, some carbonaceous chondrites have survived
      encountering the Earth. I'm quite willing to accept that the bulk of
      surface organic material, water, etc. arrived on meteors, I just don't
      think living cells or even replicators did.. I may or may not be
      convinced otherwise by the upcoming ISSOL conference in La Jolla this
      month.

      --John