Re: suncoast serpentarium opens in Florida

  • suttkus
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002
      --- In DebunkCreation@y..., "Lenny Flank" <lflank@i...> wrote:

      > As most of you know, I've been working for the past two years to
      > get some grants and other funding to establish a permanent reptile
      > rescue and education center in the Tampa Bay, Florida, area. Well,
      > mission accomplished. We open tomorrow, May 1. {snip}
      >
      > If you happen to be in the Tampa area sometime, drop in and say
      > "Hi". :>

      You're just a bit late, Lenny. I was in the neighborhood two
      Saturday's ago looking at butterflies and dragonflies.

      Big congratulations!
    • biologoloco
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        --- In DebunkCreation@y..., "Lenny Flank" <lflank@i...> wrote:

        > More info at: http://www.suncoastserpentarium.org
        >
        > If you happen to be in the Tampa area sometime, drop in and say
        > "Hi". :>

        -------------

        Congratulations Lenny!

        I had some relatives move to the Tampa Bay area recently, and have
        been invited to go this summer. I'll make sure to drop by and check
        out all the cool reptiles and fossils.

        Winston
      • Robert H. Diday, Jr.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2002
          Lenny: Congratulations! (I'd attach the Traveling Wilbury's version, but
          that's a copyright violation. :) )

          We get down there about twice a year, so we will certainly show up at
          your doorstep in the next few months.

          This must be a happy day for you.

          Now, why doesn't my daughter find spiders as fascinating as I do? :)

          -Robert

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2002
            Congratulations Lenny. I know how much this means to you!!
            You'll need to get some pics up on your website when you can.

            Peace,
            Donald M

            > As most of you know, I've been working for the past two years to
            > get some grants and other funding to establish a permanent reptile
            > rescue and education center in the Tampa Bay, Florida, area. Well,
            > mission accomplished. We open tomorrow, May 1. Our location is
            > at 4439 54th Avenue North, St Petersburg FL, 33714, and we will
            > be open every day from noon to 7pm. We will have a permanent
            > reptile exhibit open to the public ($5 donation for admission)
            > featuring 60 species of reptile, amphibian and invertebrate,
            > including a reticulated python, green anaconda, Asian flying snake,
            > adult savannah monitor, adult Florida snapping turtle, black widow
            > spiders, Florida bark scorpions, and a colony of Central American
            > cockroaches. Yes, there is an exhibit focusing on the evolution of
            > reptiles, featuring replica fossils of snakes, turtles, lizards and
            > crocodiles that were donated to us by a fossil shop in California.
            > We also have a gift shop with reptile equipment, food, books, T-
            > shirts and hand-made jungle crafts available. Our rescue/adoption
            > center will take in unwanted iguanas, snakes, and turtles, rehabilitate
            > them and adopt them out to good homes. We will also continue to
            > do educational shows for school classes, scout troops and
            > environmental organizations.
            >
            > More info at: http://www.suncoastserpentarium.org
            >
            > If you happen to be in the Tampa area sometime, drop in and say
            > "Hi". :>

            > Lenny Flank
            > "There are no loose threads in the web of life"
            >
            > Suncoast Serpentarium
            > http://www.suncoastserpentarium.org
            > Creation "Science" Debunked
            > http://www.geocities.com/lflank

          • Elissa Feit

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2002
                On 1 May 2002 at 0:50, Lenny Flank wrote:

                Great news! I passed the URL along in a couple of places...

                Dave Oldridge
                ICQ 1800667