Re: [DebunkCreation] Yahoo has plans to spam you!

  • Ian Robinson
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2002
      On 1/4/02 1:24 am, "Mikey Brass" <mike@...> wrote:

      > The "Marketing Preferences" box isn't there for us European subscribers:-)

      Good stuff :-)

      Ian
      --
      Ian Robinson - Belfast - UK - <http://www.canicula.com>
      "All humans are brothers. We came from the same supernova." - Allan Sandage
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2002
        > Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:23:25 +0100
        > From: "Mikey Brass" <mike@...>
        > Subject: Re: Re: Yahoo has plans to spam you!
        >
        > > > Only for those ending in @... . The other domains (e.g.
        > > > yahoo.co.uk) are safe.
        > >
        > > Go ahead and count on that, Mikey; but if you haven't checked
        > > it out, I'm glad it's your inbox, not mine. <grin>
        >
        > The Marketing Preferences box doesn't appear with me.

        Ian reports the same thing, so apparently Yahoo has not yet made
        these changes in the U.K. I have, however, received their
        notification message, so there are grounds for hoping that you
        will, too, when they make this changeover. Until you receive
        Yahoo's notification, you probably don't need to worry about
        this--I hope.

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2002
          > Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 01:24:44 +0100
          > From: "Mikey Brass" <mike@...>
          > Subject: Re: Yahoo has plans to spam you!
          >
          > > Ian:
          > >
          > > I think you have to go to "edit your profile" or something. You
          > also
          > > have to scroll down for a while before you find the appropriate
          > box.
          >
          > The "Marketing Preferences" box isn't there for us European
          > subscribers:-)

          You lucky dogs! <grin> Still, I suspect it's only a matter of
          time before it does....

          http://greetings.yahoo.com/
        • Ian Robinson
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2002
            On 1/4/02 8:07 pm, "Jim Taylor" <vizenos@...> wrote:

            > You lucky dogs! <grin> Still, I suspect it's only a matter of
            > time before it does.

            Probably true. If it does appear for any European subscriber please warn the
            rest of us :-)

            Cheers,

            Ian