Re: [DebunkCreation] Re: ibss1@aol.com, this one is for you

  • Ian Robinson
    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 1, 2002
      On 1/2/02 2:02 am, "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@...> wrote:

      > Hey, the lack of evidence FOR God cannot be taken as evidence that there is no
      > God. We cannot exhaust this particular universe of
      > discourse. It's one thing to say, "I don't believe there is any God." It is
      > quite another to say, "There is no God," as if it were a proven
      > thing.

      There is no evidence for lots of things. I'll continue to spend my time
      learning about things for which there is evidence. There is zero evidence
      for a god. As soon as the evidence supporting the existence of this god is
      available then I can look at it.

      But as Lenny has pointed out this is OT.

      Cheers,

      Ian
      --
      Ian Robinson - Belfast - UK - <http://www.canicula.com>
      "All humans are brothers. We came from the same supernova." - Allan Sandage
      Message 64 of 64 , Feb 11, 2002

        > DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > >

        > Certainly trumps my Doctor of Divinity degree from the Universal >
        > Life Church.  <sigh>> > >
        >
        > And 'ow'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the credulous! By 'angin'
        > on to outdated religious dogma that perpetuates the superstitions
        > within our society.

        No, by sending in a check for eight bucks.

        Of course, most of my training has been in Taoism and Tantric
        Buddhism, neither of which have any gods or goddesses or
        religious dogma to perpetuate.

        Suncoast Serpentarium
        http://www.suncoastserpentarium.org
        Creation "Science" Debunked