Re: insane Santorum

  • shubi@cinci.rr.com
    Message 1 of 58 , Dec 1, 2001
      There is no such thing as evolutionists. There are knowledgeable
      educated people who know the theory of evolution and find it
      convincing. There are ignorant bullocks who find childish nonsense
      convincing. Take your pick.
      shubi

      --- In DebunkCreation@y..., jmckee@i... wrote:
      > Most of you are evolutionists, and this thing is still festering, so
      > please write your congressional representatives to oppose the
      Santorum
      > amendment on the education bill:
      >
      > cheers,
      > Jeff
      > http://home.insight.rr.com/jkmckee/
      >
      > for more infor see:
      > http://www.agiweb.org/gap/legis107/evolution_update0601.html
    • thomashuxley
      Message 58 of 58 , Dec 6, 2001
        --- In DebunkCreation@y..., Morgan Grey <cynical_prophet@y...> wrote:

        > I'm not too fond of the "soft"/"hard" terminology
        > myself, but since Elissa introduced it, I merely
        > pointed out that by those same standards, biology
        > really *is* a "soft" science.

        The point of my jest was that "soft"/"hard" science is really
        meaningless (with sociology being the possible exception).

        Cheers,
        Jeff

        P.S. The sociology dig goes back to my undergraduate days when the
        sociologists ordered a sociology theory book ... it never arrived.
        The dig is just an old joke.