Re: [DebunkCreation] More antievolution nonsense

  • Morgan Grey
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
      --- lflank@... wrote:
      (snip)
      > I wonder, though, if they would argue as fervently
      > in favor of releasing all the murderers currently in
      > jail on the grounds that "nobody was around to see
      > it happen" . . . . . . .

      Why not? It worked with O.J. Simpson...

      =====
      Morgan

      "Evolution is to the social sciences as statues are to
      birds: a convenient platform upon which to deposit badly
      digested ideas." (Steve Jones, 2000, "Darwin's Ghost", pp.
      xxvii)

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • ANNE V. GILBERT
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
        Moprgan

        > Oh my! What an original argument! How can they keep
        > coming up with those?

        Oh yeah. I think I've seen these ideas around before. Somewhere or other.
        What I'd like to know is why the media keep publishing them?
        Anne G
      • ANNE V. GILBERT
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
          Bakke:

          > BAKKE
          > Yet another fundie fool who confuses the origin of life with the
          > evolution of life. In addition, none of these mental midgets seem to
          > realize that their argument would also invalidate their claims of
          > divine creation since it should be obvious that none of them were
          > around to see *that* happen, either...*grin*

          Never thought of that angle. But it makes perfect sense. Especially if i
          ever(God forbid!)get into an argument with a creationist.
          Anne G
        • feit@netspeed.com.au
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2001
            --- In DebunkCreation@y..., "ANNE V. GILBERT" <avgilbert@p...>
            wrote:
            > Bakke:
            >
            > > BAKKE
            > > Yet another fundie fool who confuses the origin of life with the
            > > evolution of life. In addition, none of these mental midgets seem
            > > realize that their argument would also invalidate their claims of
            > > divine creation since it should be obvious that none of them were
            > > around to see *that* happen, either...*grin*
            >
            > Never thought of that angle. But it makes perfect sense.
            Especially if i
            > ever(God forbid!)get into an argument with a creationist.
            > Anne G

            Naw, don't even go there. Because you probably DON'T want
            your claim to be that you have the same percentage chance
            of being right that they do *laugh* Their supposed argument
            is that "since both are (mere) theories, they should get equal
            time". However, evolution is not (mere) theory (as in "guess).
            It is scientific theory (which, in Newton's time was called
            "law"). I.e., 150 years of the best scientific minds have not
            been able to find any disproof of the very very (!) strong
            hypothesis of common descent via the mnechanisms of random
            mutation and non-random selection.

            - Elissa