Re: [DebunkCreation] Review of "Aliens: the New Hive"

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013

      From: John Distazo <John.Distazo@...>

      > By the way, may I suggest you consider a "trilogy" of three 30-minute features? It may be more manageable than going from a 10-20 minute feature to a full-length movie.

      Yep, I was already thinking of posting it in three parts, one for each Act--that way I can see how many people who watch the first Act then go on to the second and third, and where in the movie I'm losing people.

      "In the end, reality always wins"

      Editor, Red and Black Publishers
      http://www.RedandBlackPublishers.com
    • David Windhorst
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 14, 2013

        From: John Distazo <John.Distazo@...>

        Glad you liked it.  Here's the Director's Commentary.  :)

        Speaking of details: initially I thought the face on the currency, seen briefly and upside down, was Bill Clinton.  I had to pause and flip the laptop to tell who it really was.

        It's a datum that'll never get used, but now I know that, at first glance,inverted, from a distance, on paper, Clinton looks a little like JFK.

        dw
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 14, 2013

          From: David Windhorst <dbwindhorst@...>

          > It's a datum that'll never get used, but now I know that, at first glance,inverted, from a distance, on paper, Clinton looks a little like JFK.

          Good catch--I didn't think anyone would even notice that. They were JFK million-dollar bills.  ;)

          I wanted to do a practical joke in the scene where the ship's officer is plastered into the alien resin wall, but decided to save it for "Aliens vs Stormtroopers" instead. It will evoke my opinion of Disney taking over Star Wars.  ;)