Re: lame excuse Re: lame excuse

  • Brian van der Spuy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      [[[lame excuse
      Posted by: "Rudy Vonk" rudy@... rudyvonk
      Date: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 am ((PST))
      I know this is the lamest excuse ever, but after a large variety of
      e-mail problems involving a change in nearly everything, I just need to
      check if my connection with the group is OK again. Meanwhile, I am still
      suffering the consequence of my long-gone, once-broken hip. Of the past
      13 months, I have spent 11 in hospital which is where I still am now.
      You can imagine that keeping in touch with the group is vital to my good
      spirits!]]]

      ---Hope you'll soon be back on your feet! My cousin lost his one hip
      in a motorbike accident in his teens, and has to have the thing
      replaced every ten years or so. Major drag on the lifestyle! Still
      presumably better than the days before such surgery.

      Anyway, hang in there. As our local saying goes, "weeds never die."
      You'll soon be better than ever again. :-)

      In other news: some time ago I posted here about the handwritten
      letter I received from the Jehovah Witnesses, and that I took the time
      to write back. Well, lo and behold, today I received a new communique
      from the same lady, this time accompanied by a thick wad of pamphlets
      conclusively proving that evolution is wrong and life must have been
      designed. How delightful. I tell ya, another few exchanges and I'll
      have me a convert to rationalism. Or I'll be a Jehovah Witness. Or in
      the loony bin. :-)

      Go check out my Flickr photos (in my sig below): I uploaded a few new
      ones, including one of a very cute tree agama.

      --
      Brian
      http://brianvds.blogspot.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012

        > From: Brian van der Spuy <brianvds@...>

        >Go check out my Flickr photos (in my sig below): I uploaded a few new
        >ones, including one of a very cute tree agama.

        I'm looking at the rain spider--I want one.  :)

        Editor, Red and Black Publishers
        http://www.RedandBlackPublishers.com