Re: [DebunkCreation] Re: "Critics Shrugged"

    Message 1 of 9 , May 4 5:28 AM
      >From: Brian van der Spuy <brianvds@...>

      >---Ah, so it's perhaps a bit like all those people who managed up to page 17 of "Brief history of time" and are now suddenly experts on quantum mechanics...

      Or all those who never got further than page ten of volume 1 of "Das Kapital".

      (BTW, if ever there was a pedantic, ponderous and plodding writer, Karl Marx was it. Ugh. No wonder most of the world never understood what he was actually saying.)

      Editor, Red and Black Publishers
      http://www.RedandBlackPublishers.com
    • david_windhorst
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4 12:05 PM
        --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, "isaac" <isaac3rd@...> wrote:

        > Here's Second City's trailer for the second installment.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKhVJDOzlQ&feature=player_embedded

        Thanks, that's hilarious.

        dw
      • Torfinn Ørmen
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5 2:30 AM
          > Or all those who never got further than page ten of volume 1 of "Das
          > Kapital".
          >
          > (BTW, if ever there was a pedantic, ponderous and plodding writer, Karl
          > Marx was it. Ugh. No wonder most of the world never understood what he
          > was actually saying.)

          Meaning he was true to form as a German academic... ;-)

          The language was made to be in spirit and form as close to Latin (at its
          most obtuse and convoluted) as possible. Everything was done with appended
          sentences and Grammatik und Logik. An extremely refined scientific
          language. -Only problem is that even Germans have to study for years to
          understand it. I know a German living in Norway who preferred to read
          German philosophy when it was translated to Norwegian. -That way it was
          easier to understand, even for him.

          Torfinn
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5 5:28 AM

            > From: Torfinn Ørmen <torf-o@...>

            > Meaning he was true to form as a German academic... ;-)

            Yeah, an inspiring uplifting orator, he definitely was not.

            Editor, Red and Black Publishers
            http://www.RedandBlackPublishers.com
          • Dave Oldridge
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5 11:08 AM
              On 04/05/2011 5:28 AM, Lenny Flank wrote:

              >> From: Brian van der Spuy<brianvds@...>
              >>

              >> ---Ah, so it's perhaps a bit like all those people who managed up to page 17 of "Brief history of time" and are now suddenly experts on quantum mechanics...
              >>

              > Or all those who never got further than page ten of volume 1 of "Das Kapital".
              >
              > (BTW, if ever there was a pedantic, ponderous and plodding writer, Karl Marx was it. Ugh. No wonder most of the world never understood what he was actually saying.)

              Nah, Marx was vibrant and energetic compared to Talcott Parsons.

              --
              Dave Oldridge
              Skype: daveoldridge