Re: [DebunkCreation] Re: Let him stand trial

  • Mike Torsberg
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 1, 2010

      From: Brian van der Spuy <brianvds@...>
      To: debunkcreation <debunkcreation@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 4:27:48 PM
      Subject: [DebunkCreation] Re: Let him stand trial

      > It does make one wonder though to what extent the Nuremberg trials
      were nothing more then revenge dressed up as justice...

      --
      Brian
      http://brianvds. livejournal. com/

      Brian - of course Nuremberg, and the Japanese war crimes trials were about revenge.  Warfare, especially modern warfare, is by far and away the most "uncivilized" act that man can do, and the only thing that accomplished by drawing up rules for countries to follow when they engage in warfare is to guarantee that war crimes are going to take place.  Of course, the Nazi death camps, and the Bataan death march were abhorent, and the perpetrators should have been punished, but by the same token, the fire bombings of Dresden and Tokyo were just as abhorent.  An argument could easily be made that the organizers of those attacks should have been brought up on war crimes as well.  They weren't because they were on the winning side of the war, and the attacks were justified as something that was needed to win the war.

      The ironic thing about this is that the U.S. and England really do try to play by the rules, even when their opponents don't.  And if a minor player gets caught breaking the rules, that person will be prosecuted.  But, civilized warfare is an oxymoron and to expect civilized warfare is insane.

      Mike Torsberg

    • Michael Brass
      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 11, 2010

        <http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newenergyandfuel/com/2008/04/23/a-breakthrough-in-fuel-supplying-from-methane-hydrates/>