Re: [DebunkCreation] Re: Clinton changes mind on bombing Iran

  • Mikey Brass
    Message 1 of 126 , May 1, 2008
      Anne Gilbert wrote:
      > Mikey:
      > Unfortunately, even the best-intentioned of us(regardless of what skin
      > color we're in)have our racial "garbages" to deal with.

      I come from the generation who were part of the first integration of
      schools. Lets just say it was an adjustment which challenged many of us
      to re-examine just how liberal we actually were.
    • Michael E. Suttkus, II
      Message 126 of 126 , May 1, 2008
        --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, "Anne Gilbert" <avgilbert@...>
        wrote:

        > Among other things, it taught me that many whites often react to
        > blacks --- at least the ones they don't know --- with fear and
        > loathing.

        Sadly, i didn't learn anything postive about either race. i saw
        blacks extremely eager to blame a situation on white racism with no
        apparent provocation. I saw whites eager to make judgements about
        'them" and pretty much equally ready to presume Simpson's guilt as the
        blacks were to presume him innocent. I saw a country elevate what
        should have been an entirely ordinary murder case of no more interest
        than any of the other thousand murder cases going on every day to
        "trial of the century" status (over, you know, trials that were
        actually important) due solely to celebrity and racism.

        And, mostly, I got a lot of strange looks when I told people I had no
        opinions on the case because I wasn't in the jury and had no business
        having opinions on it.

        I don't know how much of my faith in humanity that fiasco killed, but
        it was quite a bit of it.