Re: Lifesaving Action, Not Passive Prayer

  • Roger Stanyard
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3 8:54 AM
      --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, "Velvet" <la_velvet@...> wrote:

      > You are much 'more like' a cross between Ben Turpin (silent screen)
      > and Peter Pan...
      >
      > never grew up, plays his days away amongst his cold-blooded pets and
      > other 'favourite' metallic baubles of toy soldiering, seeks The Golden
      > Glow of Approval unavailable from his parents through activities of
      > 'easy on the time' political movements which do not apriori DEMAND
      > acquisition, or maintenance, of otherwise tedious responsible ADULT
      > male behaviour to pursue achievement in.

      Velvet - clear off and find another web site or forum to post insults
      on. This is a science forum. If you haven't got any science to say,
      don't bother posting.

      Message to rest of the group: this wacko started hurling insults at the
      BCSE a couple of weeks back for no apparent reasons.
    • Bruce Carter
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3 9:04 AM
        Actually - if you believe in God - BOTH are really good.

        I am apalled at the number of Christian believers that go to their
        graves taking good organs with them, organs that could save or improve
        lives.

        Sign that donor card!!!
      • Roger Stanyard
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3 2:14 PM
          --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Carter"
          <rbrucecarter@...> wrote:

          > Actually - if you believe in God - BOTH are really good.
          >
          > I am apalled at the number of Christian believers that go to their
          > graves taking good organs with them, organs that could save or
          improve
          > lives.
          >
          > Sign that donor card!!!

          Fine but there are a lot of other people in the world quite happy to
          donate their organs who at not Christians. Have you figured out this
          sort of think happens amongst Taoists, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims,
          Agnostics, Humanists....Why should you be appalled about Christians?
          They are no more morally better than the rest of us?

          Message 4 of 13 , May 3 3:56 PM
            (yawn) Are you back AGAIN . . . . . ?

            Once again: Velvet, please shut the fuck up and go
            away.

            Thanks.

            Author:
            "Deception by Design: The Intelligent Design Movement in America"
            http://www.redandblackpublishers.com/deceptionbydesign.html

            Creation "Science" Debunked:
            http://www.geocities.com/lflank
          • Bruce Carter
            Message 5 of 13 , May 4 6:22 AM
              > Why should you be appalled about Christians?
              > They are no more morally better than the rest of us?

              I have no knowledge of the moral teachings of other religions (and lack
              thereof). I can only speak about my own. And its teachings should
              motivate its followers to donate. Perhaps representatives of other
              faiths (and no faith) should be less threatened when I speak about my
              faith, and concentrate on motivating people of their belief system to
              donate organs. It is a universal issue that transcends faith / no
              faith. But there may be faiths adamantly opposed to taking parts of
              the body out. I wouldn't want to encourage people who believe that to
              go to their afterlife missing pieces.
              Message 6 of 13 , May 4 3:18 PM
                --- Bruce Carter <rbrucecarter@...> wrote:

                I wouldn't want to encourage people
                > who believe that to
                > go to their afterlife missing pieces.

                The fundies, of course, will all go to their afterlife
                missing their brains.

                :)

                Author:

                Message 7 of 13 , May 5 2:41 AM
                  --- In DebunkCreation@yahoogroups.com, Lenny Flank <lflank@...> wrote:

                  > --- Bruce Carter <rbrucecarter@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > I wouldn't want to encourage people
                  > > who believe that to
                  > > go to their afterlife missing pieces.
                  > >

                  > The fundies, of course, will all go to their afterlife
                  > missing their brains.
                  >
                  > :)

                  They never had any brains in the first place.