Re: [DebunkCreation] Re: And - here it is! Exactly like I predicted

  • JAF
    Message 1 of 71 , May 1, 2007
      On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:51:00 -0700, you wrote:

      >You mean Norwegian lumberjacks believe elves are "out there"? Well, I
      >guess it never hurts to take precaustions of one kind or another. And
      >I'll dig up that charm right now, for everybody's edification!

      Time for me to start a new list - 'Debunk Superstitious Twaddle' !
      --
      JAF anarchatntlworldfullstopcom
      The God FAQ;
      Message 71 of 71 , May 1, 2007
        Torfinn:

        Hávamál should be on everybody's shelf. It is supposed to have been composed
        by Odin himself.

        If Odin comes around and gives me a copy of Hávamál, I will gladly put it on my shelf :-)

        d the
        has a tail like a cow.

        Oh yeah.  Those hulders.  I remember reading about them as a child in a fantastically illustrated book called Ola, that had something to do with Norway, and started out with a fantastic picture of an aurora curtain draping itself over the winter sky.  Somewhere in Norway, supposedly.  Anyway, there was something about hulders, and yeah, they had cow tails.  I think if a man actually married one, her tail was supposed  to drop off or something, and she became a normal human.  Nobody in that book said anything that I recall, about their backs being hollow, though.

        15 years ago there were still people alive who swore they had seen her.

        Who knows?  Maybe they did.  There are people, right here in Washington State, who claim to have seen sasquatches. . . . Sasquatches aren't pretty like hulders, though.
        Anne G

        Virus Database (VPS): 000737-2, 04/30/2007
        Tested on: 5/1/2007 11:12:09 AM