Re: Hello

  • Vivek Varghese Cherian
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2005
      --- In DebianIndia@yahoogroups.com, "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@d...>
      wrote:
      > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am Vivek, a GNU fanatic from Cochin, been a debian user for little
      > > more than a year now and would now like to contribute back to this
      > > wonderful community.
      > >

      > Welcome Vivek!
      >
      > We need to translate the Debian Installer to Malayalam. Will you
      take the
      > challenge?
      >
      > --
      > Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@d...>
      > La Salle Debain - http://www.braincells.com/debian/

      Well yes, i would like to try my hand at it :-)
    • Christian Perrier
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2005
        > > We need to translate the Debian Installer to Malayalam. Will you
        > take the
        > > challenge?
        > >
        > > --
        > > Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@d...>
        > > La Salle Debain - http://www.braincells.com/debian/
        >

        > Well yes, i would like to try my hand at it :-)

        OK, then I suggest you join on debian-in-workers
        (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/debian-in-workers)
        and, simultaneously, you get in touch provately with me so that we can
        go through the "New Language Process", a process we run for all new
        languages we intend to support in the Debian Installer.

        I suggest you get a read of the Debian Installer i18n documentation at
        http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc, especially chapter 1
        (for translators) and chapter 3 (the New Language Process).
      • vu2rgu
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005
          vivek

          > Well yes, i would like to try my hand at it

          When there is a need for Tulu localization work,
          do ping me. From Kochi, a native of Mangalore
          presently in Pune, a F(GNU)SS activist.

          Please copy me here.

          Best to you Ramakrishnan and Ganesan.
          --
          Ragu
        • Anil K Narayanan
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005
            Ragu,

            Which script is used most used for Tulu ?

            BTW, Your mail ID looks like an Indian amateur radio callsign.
            Are you into it ?

            On 9/5/05, vu2rgu <vu2rgu@...> wrote:
            > vivek
            >
            > > Well yes, i would like to try my hand at it
            >
            > When there is a need for Tulu localization work,
            > do ping me. From Kochi, a native of Mangalore
            > presently in Pune, a F(GNU)SS activist.
            >
            > Please copy me here.
            >
            > Best to you Ramakrishnan and Ganesan.
            > --
            > Ragu

            Truly,
            --
            Anil. (geocities.com/kn_anil)
          • Vivek Varghese Cherian
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005
              --- In DebianIndia@yahoogroups.com, Christian Perrier <bubulle@k...>
              wrote:
              > > > We need to translate the Debian Installer to Malayalam. Will you
              > > take the
              > > > challenge?
              > > >
              > > > --
              > > > Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@d...>
              > > > La Salle Debain - http://www.braincells.com/debian/
              > >

              > > Well yes, i would like to try my hand at it :-)
              >

              > OK, then I suggest you join on debian-in-workers
              > (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/debian-in-workers)

              I've joined the debian-in-workers workers list.

              > and, simultaneously, you get in touch provately with me so that we can
              > go through the "New Language Process", a process we run for all new
              > languages we intend to support in the Debian Installer.

              Will get in touch with you and Jaldhar privately asap.

              > I suggest you get a read of the Debian Installer i18n documentation at
              > http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc, especially chapter 1
              > (for translators) and chapter 3 (the New Language Process).

              That's been done now.

              Jaldhar has already added me to the debian-in project on alioth.
            • Jaldhar H. Vyas
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005
                On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, vu2rgu wrote:

                > When there is a need for Tulu localization work,
                > do ping me.

                Although initially I was just hoping for coverage of Indias' official
                languages, if you are willing to work on Tulu there's no need to wait.
                Linux can be a powerful tool in helping preserve and advance minority
                languages and cultures.

                Btw, I would also be interested in knowing which script is used for Tulu.

                --
                Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@...>
              • Christian Perrier
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005
                  > > and, simultaneously, you get in touch provately with me so that we can
                  > > go through the "New Language Process", a process we run for all new
                  > > languages we intend to support in the Debian Installer.
                  >

                  > Will get in touch with you and Jaldhar privately asap.

                  Well, actually, this is just a matter of running the process desribed
                  in the i18n documentation, chapter 3, in private mail.

                  You can keep Jaldhar informed of course, but the process has more to
                  do with me directly.
                • Vivek Varghese Cherian
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2005

                    I did send you a mail from my vivekvc@... id.