Re: [DebianIndia] Proposal for a developers meet similar to our meeting in IIIT Blr ~4 years back

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
      We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
      to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
      the beginning to end in making this event a success.

      Abhijit's enthusiasm and passion for Free Software has been very
      critical for making this event possible. He has been instrumental in
      creating a vibrant Free Software community in COEP.

      Vipul was our official designer and he made sure we have good posters,
      tshirts, buttons, stickers ... He is also working hard to bring up an
      active community in PICT.

      Kartik has been always there for Debian and he was instrumental in
      making sure we are a debian proper event. Of course, he advocated me
      to be a DM :)

      Pavithran has been our main spokesperson on irc and his interactions
      with debian community helped us in making sure debian people knew
      about this event. He was there from Friday to Monday and made sure we
      have everything in place.

      There were lot many people who helped in many ways

      Naveen Kumar has been encouraging me in every step and interactions
      with him every day helped make this event much more organised. He was
      insistent on meticulous planning even to the minute details.

      Kushal Das for having played and excellent role. I guess every one got
      a clear understanding of upstream and downstream. I found having
      upstream author, maintainer, mentor and sponsor at the same place was
      a wonderful way of demonstrating the relationship between different
      communities in the Free Software world. Back and forth between me and
      Kushal about copyright was the best part. Understanding about how
      copyright is fundamental to being part of the Free Software community.

      Onkar Shinde for helping me with my intro talk and workshop. Being
      part of Ubuntu and Debian gave a different perspective and it was an
      important one.

      Amit Karpe and PLUG team for joining with us for organising this
      event. It was good to see him contact us and offer help.

      Sasikumar sir of CDAC for supporting this event and making sure we
      have a good interaction with BOSS team. Also for coming as a chief
      guest and delivering and inspiring inaugural address.

      Ashok Kumar and BOSS team for a healthy dialogue. Hopefully, we can
      work together more closely after this interaction.

      Vikram Vincent for his energetic talk, he was talking to students in
      their own language.

      Raghavendra for sharing his vision and experience.

      I'm definitely going to miss many volunteers' names because I have
      interacted directly with only small number of them and I don't
      remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
      here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
      many more.

      Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
      day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
      an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
      Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...

      Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
      microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
      the sessions alive with lot of questions.

      And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
      systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
      edition.

      Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

      Please add any names I missed.

      All in all it was not just a Debian event, it was a full fledged Free
      Software event covering Education, copyright, licensing,
      communication, upstream - distro relationship, contribution and much
      more. Looking forward to more action. Hopefully we can organise debian
      day on August 16 in one of the colleges in Pune. Others please
      organise events in your places. Add your place at
      http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay2010 Asia seems to be blank at the
      moment. We need to add some places.

      Our event wiki has some blog posts listed (mine is still pending).

      http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010

      Shirish was asking about slides archives, there is already a
      collection of slides from previous years
      http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Debian/Conf We will upload the slides
      in while (it is in the todo list).

      Cheers
      പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
    • Christian PERRIER
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
        Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@...):
        > We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
        > to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
        > the beginning to end in making this event a success.

        This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
        debian-news, at the minimum....
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
          2010/8/10 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
> [...]
          > remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
          > here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
          > many more.
          >
          > Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
          > day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
          > an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
          > Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...
          >
          > Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
          > microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
          > the sessions alive with lot of questions.
          >
          > And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
          > systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
          > edition.
          >
          > Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

          How did I miss Karunakar? It was good to see him even though he was
          planned to go some other place. His presence helped answering some
          questions on input methods.

          Vipul says "Pravin Chavan from CoEP for arranging delivary of
          flex,buttons,and bunking whole day of college!for placing order of
          tshirts in desperate times.."

          --
          പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
            2010/8/10 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@...>:
            > This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
            > debian-news, at the minimum....

            Vikram and Pavithran will work on making this report. We can review it
            here before we submit it.

            Thanks
            പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍