Re: [DebianIndia] Proposal for a developers meet similar to our meeting in IIIT Blr ~4 years back

    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 4, 2010
      2010/7/29 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
      > Our even website is getting ready - thanks to debconf team for web
      > hosting and other help.

      This is the email sent out to people registered for the event.
      http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20100804.161004.7e242bd3.en.html

      For any other suggestions, please update the wiki page.

      Thanks
      പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
        We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
        to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
        the beginning to end in making this event a success.

        Abhijit's enthusiasm and passion for Free Software has been very
        critical for making this event possible. He has been instrumental in
        creating a vibrant Free Software community in COEP.

        Vipul was our official designer and he made sure we have good posters,
        tshirts, buttons, stickers ... He is also working hard to bring up an
        active community in PICT.

        Kartik has been always there for Debian and he was instrumental in
        making sure we are a debian proper event. Of course, he advocated me
        to be a DM :)

        Pavithran has been our main spokesperson on irc and his interactions
        with debian community helped us in making sure debian people knew
        about this event. He was there from Friday to Monday and made sure we
        have everything in place.

        There were lot many people who helped in many ways

        Naveen Kumar has been encouraging me in every step and interactions
        with him every day helped make this event much more organised. He was
        insistent on meticulous planning even to the minute details.

        Kushal Das for having played and excellent role. I guess every one got
        a clear understanding of upstream and downstream. I found having
        upstream author, maintainer, mentor and sponsor at the same place was
        a wonderful way of demonstrating the relationship between different
        communities in the Free Software world. Back and forth between me and
        Kushal about copyright was the best part. Understanding about how
        copyright is fundamental to being part of the Free Software community.

        Onkar Shinde for helping me with my intro talk and workshop. Being
        part of Ubuntu and Debian gave a different perspective and it was an
        important one.

        Amit Karpe and PLUG team for joining with us for organising this
        event. It was good to see him contact us and offer help.

        Sasikumar sir of CDAC for supporting this event and making sure we
        have a good interaction with BOSS team. Also for coming as a chief
        guest and delivering and inspiring inaugural address.

        Ashok Kumar and BOSS team for a healthy dialogue. Hopefully, we can
        work together more closely after this interaction.

        Vikram Vincent for his energetic talk, he was talking to students in
        their own language.

        Raghavendra for sharing his vision and experience.

        I'm definitely going to miss many volunteers' names because I have
        interacted directly with only small number of them and I don't
        remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
        here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
        many more.

        Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
        day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
        an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
        Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...

        Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
        microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
        the sessions alive with lot of questions.

        And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
        systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
        edition.

        Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

        Please add any names I missed.

        All in all it was not just a Debian event, it was a full fledged Free
        Software event covering Education, copyright, licensing,
        communication, upstream - distro relationship, contribution and much
        more. Looking forward to more action. Hopefully we can organise debian
        day on August 16 in one of the colleges in Pune. Others please
        organise events in your places. Add your place at
        http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay2010 Asia seems to be blank at the
        moment. We need to add some places.

        Our event wiki has some blog posts listed (mine is still pending).

        http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010

        Shirish was asking about slides archives, there is already a
        collection of slides from previous years
        http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Debian/Conf We will upload the slides
        in while (it is in the todo list).

        Cheers
        പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
      • Christian PERRIER
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
          Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@...):
          > We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
          > to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
          > the beginning to end in making this event a success.

          This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
          debian-news, at the minimum....
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
            2010/8/10 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
> [...]
            > remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
            > here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
            > many more.
            >
            > Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
            > day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
            > an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
            > Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...
            >
            > Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
            > microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
            > the sessions alive with lot of questions.
            >
            > And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
            > systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
            > edition.
            >
            > Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

            How did I miss Karunakar? It was good to see him even though he was
            planned to go some other place. His presence helped answering some
            questions on input methods.

            Vipul says "Pravin Chavan from CoEP for arranging delivary of
            flex,buttons,and bunking whole day of college!for placing order of
            tshirts in desperate times.."

            --
            പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
              2010/8/10 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@...>:
              > This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
              > debian-news, at the minimum....

              Vikram and Pavithran will work on making this report. We can review it
              here before we submit it.

              Thanks
              പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍