Re: [DebianIndia] Proposal for a developers meet similar to our meeting in IIIT Blr ~4 years back

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 29, 2010
      2010/7/13 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
      > I suggest we do a event promotion talk/demo in engineering colleges
      > near Pune (also in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad - possibly other
      > cities which comes under 2 hour journey). Any volunteers?

      Our even website is getting ready - thanks to debconf team for web
      hosting and other help.

      Site is http://mini.debconf.org/india please send your comments and
      suggestions about the site.

      Any volunteers to help with the site contents is also welcome!

      പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
      (as seen on /.)
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 4, 2010
        2010/7/29 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
        > Our even website is getting ready - thanks to debconf team for web
        > hosting and other help.

        This is the email sent out to people registered for the event.
        http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20100804.161004.7e242bd3.en.html

        For any other suggestions, please update the wiki page.

        Thanks
        പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
          We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
          to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
          the beginning to end in making this event a success.

          Abhijit's enthusiasm and passion for Free Software has been very
          critical for making this event possible. He has been instrumental in
          creating a vibrant Free Software community in COEP.

          Vipul was our official designer and he made sure we have good posters,
          tshirts, buttons, stickers ... He is also working hard to bring up an
          active community in PICT.

          Kartik has been always there for Debian and he was instrumental in
          making sure we are a debian proper event. Of course, he advocated me
          to be a DM :)

          Pavithran has been our main spokesperson on irc and his interactions
          with debian community helped us in making sure debian people knew
          about this event. He was there from Friday to Monday and made sure we
          have everything in place.

          There were lot many people who helped in many ways

          Naveen Kumar has been encouraging me in every step and interactions
          with him every day helped make this event much more organised. He was
          insistent on meticulous planning even to the minute details.

          Kushal Das for having played and excellent role. I guess every one got
          a clear understanding of upstream and downstream. I found having
          upstream author, maintainer, mentor and sponsor at the same place was
          a wonderful way of demonstrating the relationship between different
          communities in the Free Software world. Back and forth between me and
          Kushal about copyright was the best part. Understanding about how
          copyright is fundamental to being part of the Free Software community.

          Onkar Shinde for helping me with my intro talk and workshop. Being
          part of Ubuntu and Debian gave a different perspective and it was an
          important one.

          Amit Karpe and PLUG team for joining with us for organising this
          event. It was good to see him contact us and offer help.

          Sasikumar sir of CDAC for supporting this event and making sure we
          have a good interaction with BOSS team. Also for coming as a chief
          guest and delivering and inspiring inaugural address.

          Ashok Kumar and BOSS team for a healthy dialogue. Hopefully, we can
          work together more closely after this interaction.

          Vikram Vincent for his energetic talk, he was talking to students in
          their own language.

          Raghavendra for sharing his vision and experience.

          I'm definitely going to miss many volunteers' names because I have
          interacted directly with only small number of them and I don't
          remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
          here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
          many more.

          Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
          day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
          an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
          Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...

          Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
          microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
          the sessions alive with lot of questions.

          And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
          systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
          edition.

          Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

          Please add any names I missed.

          All in all it was not just a Debian event, it was a full fledged Free
          Software event covering Education, copyright, licensing,
          communication, upstream - distro relationship, contribution and much
          more. Looking forward to more action. Hopefully we can organise debian
          day on August 16 in one of the colleges in Pune. Others please
          organise events in your places. Add your place at
          http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay2010 Asia seems to be blank at the
          moment. We need to add some places.

          Our event wiki has some blog posts listed (mine is still pending).

          http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010

          Shirish was asking about slides archives, there is already a
          collection of slides from previous years
          http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Debian/Conf We will upload the slides
          in while (it is in the todo list).

          Cheers
          പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
        • Christian PERRIER
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 9, 2010
            Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@...):
            > We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
            > to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
            > the beginning to end in making this event a success.

            This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
            debian-news, at the minimum....
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
              2010/8/10 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
> [...]
              > remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
              > here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
              > many more.
              >
              > Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
              > day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
              > an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
              > Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...
              >
              > Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
              > microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
              > the sessions alive with lot of questions.
              >
              > And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
              > systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
              > edition.
              >
              > Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

              How did I miss Karunakar? It was good to see him even though he was
              planned to go some other place. His presence helped answering some
              questions on input methods.

              Vipul says "Pravin Chavan from CoEP for arranging delivary of
              flex,buttons,and bunking whole day of college!for placing order of
              tshirts in desperate times.."

              --
              പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 10, 2010
                2010/8/10 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@...>:
                > This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
                > debian-news, at the minimum....

                Vikram and Pavithran will work on making this report. We can review it
                here before we submit it.

                Thanks
                പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍