Re: [DebianIndia] Proposal for a developers meet similar to our meeting in IIIT Blr ~4 years back

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 13, 2010
      2010/7/4 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
      > We had to move another event to this date, so we are pushing our event
      > to a week after ie, 7th and 8th August. We will get some more time for
      > publicizing and finding good sponsors.

      I suggest we do a event promotion talk/demo in engineering colleges
      near Pune (also in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad - possibly other
      cities which comes under 2 hour journey). Any volunteers?

      --
      പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
      (as seen on /.)
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 29, 2010
        2010/7/13 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
        > I suggest we do a event promotion talk/demo in engineering colleges
        > near Pune (also in Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad - possibly other
        > cities which comes under 2 hour journey). Any volunteers?

        Our even website is getting ready - thanks to debconf team for web
        hosting and other help.

        Site is http://mini.debconf.org/india please send your comments and
        suggestions about the site.

        Any volunteers to help with the site contents is also welcome!

        പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
        (as seen on /.)
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 4 9:24 AM
          2010/7/29 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
          > Our even website is getting ready - thanks to debconf team for web
          > hosting and other help.

          This is the email sent out to people registered for the event.
          http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20100804.161004.7e242bd3.en.html

          For any other suggestions, please update the wiki page.

          Thanks
          പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 9 6:34 PM
            We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
            to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
            the beginning to end in making this event a success.

            Abhijit's enthusiasm and passion for Free Software has been very
            critical for making this event possible. He has been instrumental in
            creating a vibrant Free Software community in COEP.

            Vipul was our official designer and he made sure we have good posters,
            tshirts, buttons, stickers ... He is also working hard to bring up an
            active community in PICT.

            Kartik has been always there for Debian and he was instrumental in
            making sure we are a debian proper event. Of course, he advocated me
            to be a DM :)

            Pavithran has been our main spokesperson on irc and his interactions
            with debian community helped us in making sure debian people knew
            about this event. He was there from Friday to Monday and made sure we
            have everything in place.

            There were lot many people who helped in many ways

            Naveen Kumar has been encouraging me in every step and interactions
            with him every day helped make this event much more organised. He was
            insistent on meticulous planning even to the minute details.

            Kushal Das for having played and excellent role. I guess every one got
            a clear understanding of upstream and downstream. I found having
            upstream author, maintainer, mentor and sponsor at the same place was
            a wonderful way of demonstrating the relationship between different
            communities in the Free Software world. Back and forth between me and
            Kushal about copyright was the best part. Understanding about how
            copyright is fundamental to being part of the Free Software community.

            Onkar Shinde for helping me with my intro talk and workshop. Being
            part of Ubuntu and Debian gave a different perspective and it was an
            important one.

            Amit Karpe and PLUG team for joining with us for organising this
            event. It was good to see him contact us and offer help.

            Sasikumar sir of CDAC for supporting this event and making sure we
            have a good interaction with BOSS team. Also for coming as a chief
            guest and delivering and inspiring inaugural address.

            Ashok Kumar and BOSS team for a healthy dialogue. Hopefully, we can
            work together more closely after this interaction.

            Vikram Vincent for his energetic talk, he was talking to students in
            their own language.

            Raghavendra for sharing his vision and experience.

            I'm definitely going to miss many volunteers' names because I have
            interacted directly with only small number of them and I don't
            remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
            here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
            many more.

            Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
            day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
            an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
            Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...

            Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
            microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
            the sessions alive with lot of questions.

            And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
            systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
            edition.

            Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

            Please add any names I missed.

            All in all it was not just a Debian event, it was a full fledged Free
            Software event covering Education, copyright, licensing,
            communication, upstream - distro relationship, contribution and much
            more. Looking forward to more action. Hopefully we can organise debian
            day on August 16 in one of the colleges in Pune. Others please
            organise events in your places. Add your place at
            http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDay2010 Asia seems to be blank at the
            moment. We need to add some places.

            Our event wiki has some blog posts listed (mine is still pending).

            http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2010

            Shirish was asking about slides archives, there is already a
            collection of slides from previous years
            http://www.fosscommunity.in/wiki/Debian/Conf We will upload the slides
            in while (it is in the todo list).

            Cheers
            പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
          • Christian PERRIER
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 9 7:35 PM
              Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@...):
              > We had a rocking event thanks to hard work of a lot of people. I have
              > to mention Abhijit, Vipul, Kartik and Pavithran who were there from
              > the beginning to end in making this event a success.

              This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
              debian-news, at the minimum....
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 10 12:11 AM
                2010/8/10 Praveen A <pravi.a@...>:
> [...]
                > remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
                > here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
                > many more.
                >
                > Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
                > day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
                > an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
                > Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...
                >
                > Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
                > microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
                > the sessions alive with lot of questions.
                >
                > And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
                > systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
                > edition.
                >
                > Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

                How did I miss Karunakar? It was good to see him even though he was
                planned to go some other place. His presence helped answering some
                questions on input methods.

                Vipul says "Pravin Chavan from CoEP for arranging delivary of
                flex,buttons,and bunking whole day of college!for placing order of
                tshirts in desperate times.."

                --
                പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 10 12:13 AM
                  2010/8/10 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@...>:
                  > This report, or maybe an even more formal one should make its way in
                  > debian-news, at the minimum....

                  Vikram and Pavithran will work on making this report. We can review it
                  here before we submit it.

                  Thanks
                  പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍