Re: [DebianIndia] Fwd: Call for testing of next Debian Installer release

  • Christian Perrier
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2008
      Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@...):
      > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      > From: Otavio Salvador <otavio@...>
      > Date: 2008/9/17
      > Subject: Call for testing of next Debian Installer release
      > To: debian-devel-announce@...

      > Call for testing of Debian Installer

      Please note that D-I packages have not been rebuilt with all recent
      translation updates that happened during the string freeze (for which,
      finally, in a last rush, Bengali has been "saved" 3 days before the
      deadline).

      So, don't be surprised to see some untranslated strings or screens in
      the supported Indic languages (namely Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi,
      Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Nepali).

      The translations, in the final versions, will be fully complete for all
      of these (at the end, Punjabi and Bengali might have a few missing
      strings but only in some obscure parts which are not considered
      critical)..