Debian-Ubuntu Project Status

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
      Dear all,

      We have 7 (Seven) slots at Project Day at Foss.in.

      1. Opening talk.
      2. Introduction to Debian and Ubuntu.
      3. Demo of both projects.
      4. Contributing
      5. BTS, bugs
      6. Indic and i18n stuffs for Deb/Ubuntu
      7. Packaging workshop.

      I have done CfP for 6 and 7. Christian (bubulle) also submitted talk.
      And Jono and DPL can fit in 1/2.

      I wish Bubulle can take on 4 along with Jono (depending upon who is
      present there). Packaging workshop is open because I need someone to
      carry Ubuntu specific parts.

      You can also do CfP for Ubuntu-IN project. Tuxmaniac, Techno?

      Don't forget that last date is: 8th October.

      --
      Cheers,
      Kartik Mistry || GPG: 0xD1028C8D || IRC: kart_
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
        Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry@...):

        > I wish Bubulle can take on 4 along with Jono (depending upon who is

        Well, if needed, yes.

        Preparing *two* talks is kinda hard for me. Moreover, I don't have
        anything ready for a "contributing to Debian" talk (while I have
        material for i18n, which I can re-use).

        I certainly can't sustain a "contributing to Ubuntu" talk, of course,
        as I'm not involved in Ubuntu development.
      • Christian Perrier
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
          BTW, the French (and EU) citizens need a visa to go to India. Do you
          guys have any idea whether it is hard to have one (from what I read
          last year, this requires going to the embassy of India, which,
          thankfully is easy for Sam and me as we both live close to Paris)?

          The other way (India to EU), I know that visas may be hard to get,
          with a lot of paperwork, thanks to our paranoid immigration control,
          so I better triple check before. I'm not very used to visas because
          not that many countries require one (for the lucky EU citizens at
          least) now.
        • Amit Shah
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
            On 04/10/2007, Christian Perrier <bubulle@...> wrote:
            > BTW, the French (and EU) citizens need a visa to go to India. Do you
            > guys have any idea whether it is hard to have one (from what I read
            > last year, this requires going to the embassy of India, which,
            > thankfully is easy for Sam and me as we both live close to Paris)?
            >
            > The other way (India to EU), I know that visas may be hard to get,
            > with a lot of paperwork, thanks to our paranoid immigration control,
            > so I better triple check before. I'm not very used to visas because
            > not that many countries require one (for the lucky EU citizens at
            > least) now.

            I've heard the requirements are pretty strict and you need to produce
            all relevant documentation. You should get in touch with the
            organisers for relevant material (acceptance of proposal, schedule of
            foss.in, your proposed place of stay in India, etc).

            Amit

            --
            Amit Shah
            http://www.amitshah.net/
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
              > I wish Bubulle can take on 4 along with Jono (depending upon who is
              > present there). Packaging workshop is open because I need someone to
              > carry Ubuntu specific parts.

              Just in case, I submitted a talk named "Contributing to Debian for
              dummies" (I can't resist using stupid titles, sorry) in addition
              to " Internationalisation in Debian: a key for the universal
              operating system"

              This is indeed entirely crazy as preparing two talks is.....ambitious
              (I did so once at Debconf 5 and one of them was a nightmare)....but I
              hope that, in case the organizers select both, attendees will forgive
              the probably poor quality of at least of of them..:)
            • Kartik Mistry