Re: Foss.in/2007: Debian's plan..

  • Christian Perrier
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 25, 2007
      Quoting Sam Hocevar (leader@...):
      > On Thu, Aug 09, 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:
      >
      > > I seriously consider proposing a paper for Foss.in and I was indeed
      > > trying to find a way to fund the travel.
      >
      > Hi Christian, I thought I already answered you but while digging in
      > my inbox I found out I didn't. I'm sorry about that.
      >
      > As you say, Debian funds are used in quite rare cases. But we have
      > funds to be specifically used for travel funding, and are not using
      > them much. So as you are Debian's de facto "i18n guy" I would support
      > the idea of Debian funding your travel. I would just need to know the
      > average prices for a trip from France before I give my final go.

      Hmm, Sam, he previous rather long answer I sent you was assuming that
      you were indeed responding to another mail I sent you yesterday, with
      a pretty formal request for funding.

      I just discovered that this mail bounced for an unknown reason.

      So, don't be surprised....I will send you that mail again so that you
      have the entire context. Sorry for the mess.
    • Kartik Mistry

        Dear Sam and Christian,

        Accommodation will be provided by Conference Organizers. You both
        should propose talk/workshop to main conference as well as Project Day
        (We have joint day with Ubuntu!

        The conference details can be found at:
        http://foss.in/2007

        CfP is at: http://foss.in/2007/info/Call_for_Participation

        We will be happy to see you both here!!

        - --
        Cheers,
        Kartik Mistry || GPG: 0xD1028C8D || IRC: kart_
        kartikmistry.org/blog || kartikm.wordpress.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
          On 9/26/07, Christian Perrier <bubulle@...> wrote:
          > > Accommodation will be provided by Conference Organizers. You both
          >
          > Hmmm, good news.

          Thanks.

          > > should propose talk/workshop to main conference as well as Project Day
          > > (We have joint day with Ubuntu!
          > I'm already working on this. The deadline is short..:-)

          Dear Christian and Sam,

          The deadline of CfP is 8th. Please submit for Project Day. I think
          opening talk can be done by Sam and then Christian can carry on i18n
          workshop or Packaging workshop.

          If you have any issue with site, let me know.

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
            On 10/1/07, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@...> wrote:
            > Dear Christian and Sam,
            >
            > The deadline of CfP is 8th. Please submit for Project Day. I think
            > opening talk can be done by Sam and then Christian can carry on i18n
            > workshop or Packaging workshop.

            Oh forgot. You can also propose for Main Conference. Main conference's
            focus is more developer oriented stuffs though.

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
              Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry@...):

              > Dear Christian and Sam,
              >
              > The deadline of CfP is 8th. Please submit for Project Day. I think
              > opening talk can be done by Sam and then Christian can carry on i18n
              > workshop or Packaging workshop.

              My proposal was sent last week (Wednesday or Thursday).
            • Christian Perrier
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
                Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry@...):

                > Dear Christian and Sam,
                >
                > The deadline of CfP is 8th. Please submit for Project Day. I think
                > opening talk can be done by Sam and then Christian can carry on i18n
                > workshop or Packaging workshop.

                In case Sam cannot attend, I can also propose a general talk about
                Debian (opening?), assuming Sam agrees that I'm able to do so..:-)

                Sam, I also need some confirmation about a possible sponsoring from
                Debian as the FOSS.in organizers leave the possibility to get
                (limited) funding *in case our organisation cannot fund* so I feel
                like the moral duty to first try to get funding inside Debian.