Debian in India

  • John Leuner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2006
      Hello everyone

      I recently moved to Hyderabad to work for a software company here and
      I'm interested to know how active the Debian community is here.

      I've been a DD for a long time but currently I don't maintain any
      packages.

      Are there any Debian users in Hyderabad?

      John Leuner
    • Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
        Dear John Leuner,

        On 10/19/06, John Leuner < jewel@...> wrote:

        Hello everyone

        I recently moved to Hyderabad to work for a software company here and
        I'm interested to know how active the Debian community is here.

        I've been a DD for a long time but currently I don't maintain any
        packages.

        Are there any Debian users in Hyderabad?

        Not really sure. I would request you to guide we people regarding packaging, co-ordination and other issues.

        Regards

        Prasad kadambi

        --
        My Fingerprint:

        1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
      • John Leuner
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
          >> I recently moved to Hyderabad to work for a software company here and
          >> I'm interested to know how active the Debian community is here.
          >>
          >> I've been a DD for a long time but currently I don't maintain any
          >> packages.
          >>
          >> Are there any Debian users in Hyderabad?
          >
          > Not really sure. I would request you to guide we people regarding
          > packaging,
          > co-ordination and other issues.

          Sure, I'll help where I can.

          How can I get Debian CDs in India?

          John
        • Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006

            http://www.buylinuxdvd.com/

            --
            Ramakrishnan
          • Christian Perrier
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
              > > Not really sure. I would request you to guide we people regarding
              > > packaging,
              > > co-ordination and other issues.
              >
              > Sure, I'll help where I can.
              >
              > How can I get Debian CDs in India?

              Actually, people, call me ignorant about geography of India, but isn't
              Hyderabad in the South, as well as Bangalore is ? I know that the
              concept of "being close" in your big country is pretty different than
              the same concept here around, of course..:)

              So, wouldn't this mean that John could try attending FOSS.in in
              Bangalore (of course if your schedule makes it possible)?
            • Mahesh T. Pai
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 20, 2006
                Christian Perrier said on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 06:17:55PM +0200,:

                > Actually, people, call me ignorant about geography of India, but isn't
                > Hyderabad in the South, as well as Bangalore is=A0? I know that the

                Yes, Hyderabad is in South India. Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil
                Nadu, Kerala and Pondicherry are the 5 states which are referred to as
                ``South India''.
                =20
                > concept of "being close" in your big country is pretty different than
                > the same concept here around, of course..:)

                12 hours by road, IIRC. There are overnight buses if you prefer
                to. (Dont even think of driving your own vehicle!!! ) Of course both
                cities are connected by air!!!

                --
                Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
                ``Those willing to give up a little liberty for a