Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

What are the plans for FOSS.in ?

Expand Messages
  • Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi
    Dear All, What are the plans of Debian-India for the Foss.in ? Praveen you were telling that we would meet up some time before Foss.in to chalkout things.
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Dear All,

      What are the plans of Debian-India for the Foss.in ? Praveen you were telling that we would meet up some time before Foss.in to chalkout things. Please let us know if  you have any plans.

      Regards.

      Prasad Kadambi

      --
      My Fingerprint:

      1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
    • പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen
      ... I have not forgotten about it :-) I have been talking to BMS folks about the planning meet and I got a very overwhelming response. So we are meeting on
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        2006/10/5, Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi <star.kadambi@...>:

        Dear All,

        What are the plans of Debian-India for the Foss.in ? Praveen you were telling that we would meet up some time before Foss.in to chalkout things. Please let us know if  you have any plans.








        I have not forgotten about it :-) I have been talking to BMS folks about the planning meet and I got a very overwhelming  response.

        So we are meeting on Sunday 29th at BMS College http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Debian/Conf/06/Conclave

        See the wiki page for more info and your comments. So if you are going to be there just add your name there. also I have left some sessions slot blank if you can take up any of those or any other interesting topic it would be good.

        We had a very good experience with the students and faculty during the last two visits to the campus and it was is really exciting to go back there again.

        Regards.

        Prasad Kadambi












        --
        "Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
        `Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."
                 -- Richard Stallman
        Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr
      • Kartik Mistry
        ... BTW, I submitted one talk about Debian Package Building+How to get towards Debian Developer. We will have Debian i18n BOF. My plan is to speed up D-I
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          On 10/19/06, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@...> wrote:
          > I have not forgotten about it :-) I have been talking to BMS folks about the planning meet and I got a very overwhelming response.
          >
          > So we are meeting on Sunday 29th at BMS College http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Debian/Conf/06/Conclave
          >
          > See the wiki page for more info and your comments. So if you are going to be there just add your name there. also I have left some sessions slot blank if you can take up any of those or any other interesting topic it would be good.
          >
          > We had a very good experience with the students and faculty during the last two visits to the campus and it was is really exciting to go back there again.

          BTW,

          I submitted one talk about Debian Package Building+How to get towards
          Debian Developer. We will have Debian i18n BOF. My plan is to speed
          up D-I localization process for language which is slow and untouched
          during etch release. New Debian Installer demo is also planned.

          I contacted as many as DDs, I can, but there is Etch release is
          conflicting with Foss.in this time :(

          --
          Regards,
          ----------------------------------------------------------
          Kartik Mistry | kartik.freemind.in
          0xD1028C8D | kartikm.wordpress.com
          -----------------------------------------------------------
        • പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen
          ... Sure. We will get more people involved in Debian localisation so that stalled/not started languages can be taken forward. I contacted as many as DDs, I
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            2006/10/19, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@...>:

            BTW,

            I submitted one talk about Debian Package Building+How to get towards
            Debian Developer. We will have Debian i18n BOF. My plan is to speed
            up D-I localization process for language which is slow and untouched
            during etch release. New Debian Installer demo is also planned.









            Sure. We will get more people involved in Debian localisation so that stalled/not started languages can be taken forward.

            I contacted as many as DDs, I can, but there is Etch release is
            conflicting with Foss.in this time :(





            How about Etch Release party at FOSS.IN? With etch song http://julien.danjou.info/blog/index.php/2006/08/01/312-etch-song
            CD roasting ...

            Cheers
            Praveen

            --
            Regards,
            ----------------------------------------------------------
            Kartik Mistry | kartik.freemind.in
            0xD1028C8D | kartikm.wordpress.com
            ----------------------------------------------------------

            _



            --
            "Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
            `Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."
                     -- Richard Stallman
            Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr
          • Kartik Mistry
            ... Sure. Malayalam. Kannada.Telugu.Oriya.Marathi are much behind or not-active. ... Song is nice. But, we are not DDs yet :) ... -- Regards, ... Kartik Mistry
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              On 10/19/06, പ്രവീണ്|Praveen <pravi.a@...> wrote:

              > Sure. We will get more people involved in Debian localisation so that stalled/not started languages can be taken forward.

              Sure.

              Malayalam. Kannada.Telugu.Oriya.Marathi are much behind or not-active.

              > How about Etch Release party at FOSS.IN? With etch song http://julien.danjou.info/blog/index.php/2006/08/01/312-etch-song
              > CD roasting ...

              Song is nice. But, we are not DDs yet :)

              > Cheers
              > Praveen

              --
              Regards,
              ----------------------------------------------------------
              Kartik Mistry | kartik.freemind.in
              0xD1028C8D | kartikm.wordpress.com
              -----------------------------------------------------------
            • Christian Perrier
              ... Hmmm, do you know that it is likely that Frans Pop (the D-I release manager for those who don t know him) could be in Bhutan (teaching how to customize
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                > I submitted one talk about Debian Package Building+How to get towards
                > Debian Developer. We will have Debian i18n BOF. My plan is to speed
                > up D-I localization process for language which is slow and untouched
                > during etch release. New Debian Installer demo is also planned.
                >
                > I contacted as many as DDs, I can, but there is Etch release is
                > conflicting with Foss.in this time :(


                Hmmm, do you know that it is likely that Frans Pop (the D-I release
                manager for those who don't know him) could be in Bhutan (teaching how
                to customize Debian Installer, invited by the Bhutan DIT, Department
                of Information and Technology) during FOSS.in?

                Could be possible to arrange something with him, maybe....even if
                Bhutan and Bangalore are pretty far away (but less far away than
                Bangalore and Europe....:-))


                At least, try to contact him, just to see whether the dates allow
                somethign to be improvised in less than 1 month.
              • Deepak Kumar Tripathi
                Hi Prasad. as i remember that we have enter our name for volienter . so we need to give the name again. what about session ,like i want to add one session abut
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 19, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi Prasad.
                   
                  as i remember that we have enter our name for volienter .
                  so we need to give the name again.
                   
                  what about session ,like i want to add one session abut apt-get and apt-build.
                  so is it possible that i can add it there.
                  kind to see you reply soon.
                   
                   
                   
                  Thanks
                  deepak@...
                  Deepak Tripathi         .---.    
                  Open Source Developer  /     \   
                                         \.@-@./   
                                         /`\_/`\    
                         .''`.          //  _  \\  
                        : :'  :        | \     )|_ 
                        `. `'`        /`\_`>  <_/ \
                          `-          \__/'---'\__/
                  Debian GNU/Linux


                  From: DebianIndia@yahoogroups.com on behalf of പ്രവീണ്‍‌|Praveen
                  Sent: Thu 10/19/2006 6:13 PM
                  To: DebianIndia@yahoogroups.com; foss-in@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [DebianIndia] What are the plans for FOSS.in ?



                  2006/10/5, Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi <star.kadambi@ gmail.com>:

                  Dear All,

                  What are the plans of Debian-India for the Foss.in ? Praveen you were telling that we would meet up some time before Foss.in to chalkout things. Please let us know if  you have any plans.








                  I have not forgotten about it :-) I have been talking to BMS folks about the planning meet and I got a very overwhelming  response.

                  So we are meeting on Sunday 29th at BMS College http://fci.wikia. com/wiki/ Debian/Conf/ 06/Conclave

                  See the wiki page for more info and your comments. So if you are going to be there just add your name there. also I have left some sessions slot blank if you can take up any of those or any other interesting topic it would be good.

                  We had a very good experience with the students and faculty during the last two visits to the campus and it was is really exciting to go back there again.

                  Regards.

                  Prasad Kadambi












                  --
                  "Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
                  `Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."
                           -- Richard Stallman
                  Me scribbles at http://www.pravi. co.nr


                  The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

                  www.aztecsoft.com
                • Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi
                  Dear All, ... Well, the process of localising telugu has not started at all. I have only one translator in my team Prudhvi and he is busy with his sem exams.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Dear All,

                    On 10/19/06, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@...> wrote:


                    Malayalam. Kannada.Telugu.Oriya.Marathi are much behind or not-active.









                    Well,  the process of localising telugu has not started at all. I have only one translator in my team Prudhvi and he is busy with his sem exams. Right now I'm busy too with my personal work. I take this opportunity to request you all to spread this request of mine for Telugu translators. I could take up this non-strater only by next month due to some personal reasons.

                    Sunil Mohan was kind enough to be the backup co-ordinator. Much more needs to be done. I would really appreciate if we could get some translators, atleast couple of them.

                    Also I hope we can discuss how other D-I translations groups are working. I would personally apologise with Chistian Perrier for the procrastination.

                    BTW karthik what is the group size of Gujrathi team ? I hope this foss event would become a platform for better co-ordination. DD's your gidance and advices are appreciated.

                    Regards

                    Prasad Kadambi


                    --
                    My Fingerprint:

                    1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
                  • Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi
                    Dear Christian, ... How do we contact him ? I think his presence would be a boon for us. Btw Praveen we need to discuss this urgently. Regards Prasad Kadambi
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 20, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Dear Christian,

                      On 10/19/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@...> wrote:


                      Hmmm, do you know that it is likely that Frans Pop (the D-I release
                      manager for those who don't know him) could be in Bhutan (teaching how
                      to customize Debian Installer, invited by the Bhutan DIT, Department
                      of Information and Technology) during FOSS.in?

                      Could be possible to arrange something with him, maybe....even if
                      Bhutan and Bangalore are pretty far away (but less far away than
                      Bangalore and Europe....:-))

                      At least, try to contact him, just to see whether the dates allow
                      somethign to be improvised in less than 1 month.



                       


                       

                       



                      How do we contact him ? I think his presence would be a boon for us. Btw Praveen we need to discuss this urgently.

                      Regards

                      Prasad Kadambi

                      --
                      My Fingerprint:

                      1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
                    • Kartik Mistry
                      ... Yes, I know that. I talked with FJP but chances are very rare! Prasad, Gujarati D-I consists only me. My wife has started of taking care of spell-check and
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 20, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        > On 10/19/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@...> wrote:
                        > > Hmmm, do you know that it is likely that Frans Pop (the D-I release
                        > > manager for those who don't know him) could be in Bhutan (teaching how
                        > > to customize Debian Installer, invited by the Bhutan DIT, Department
                        > > of Information and Technology) during FOSS.in?
                        > >
                        > > Could be possible to arrange something with him, maybe....even if
                        > > Bhutan and Bangalore are pretty far away (but less far away than
                        > > Bangalore and Europe....:-))
                        > >
                        > > At least, try to contact him, just to see whether the dates allow
                        > > somethign to be improvised in less than 1 month.

                        Yes, I know that. I talked with FJP but chances are very rare!

                        Prasad, Gujarati D-I consists only me. My wife has started of taking
                        care of spell-check and user feedbacks.

                        Kartik!=Karthik

                        :)

                        --
                        Regards,
                        ----------------------------------------------------------
                        Kartik Mistry | kartik.freemind.in
                        0xD1028C8D | kartikm.wordpress.com
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.