RE: [DebianIndia] OLPC

  • Deepak Kumar Tripathi
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
      The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

      www.aztecsoft.com
    • Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
        On 8/7/06, alephnull@... <alephnull@...> wrote:

        > Is the board taken ? I'm afraid I'm not enough of a hardware hacker to
        > take the board, but I would like to get Debian to run on it. If
        > someone has already won it, would they like a hanger-on^W^W helping
        > hand ?

        It's gone. Giridhar Appaji Nag has the board.

        I guess you can still sign up for developer boards. I don't know what criteria
        they use to allocate one.

        --
        Ramakrishnan
      • Cherry G. Mathew
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
          On 8/8/06, Deepak Kumar Tripathi <deepakkt@...> wrote:

          > The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

          Needless to say, its pointless sending a confidential email to a
          public mailing list.

          --
          ~Cherry
        • Christian Perrier
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2006
            > Is the board taken ? I'm afraid I'm not enough of a hardware hacker to
            > take the board, but I would like to get Debian to run on it. If
            > someone has already won it, would they like a hanger-on^W^W helping
            > hand ?

            This mail just to let you know that at least one Debian Installer
            developer (namely myself) has indeed applied for an OLPC board with
            the exact goal of dealing with Debian installation issues.

            This has been made with coordination by Knut Yrvin from the Debian-Edu
            project. A few other Debian developers and/or Debian-Edu/Skolelinux
            developers have applied for these boards.
          • Y Giridhar Appaji Nag
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 12, 2006
              On 06/08/02 20:29 +0530, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan said ...

              > My original intend when I signed up for the developer program was to
              > get Debian to work on these gadgets and thus provide an alternate
              > environment (OLPC runs a modified version of Fedore). The folks at
              > DebianEdu are actively trying to get things work.

              On 06/08/08 07:38 -0500, Christian Perrier said ...

              > This mail just to let you know that at least one Debian Installer
              > developer (namely myself) has indeed applied for an OLPC board with
              > the exact goal of dealing with Debian installation issues.
              >
              > This has been made with coordination by Knut Yrvin from the Debian-Edu
              > project. A few other Debian developers and/or Debian-Edu/Skolelinux
              > developers have applied for these boards.

              I understand that the intention of Ramakrishnan was to work on Debian
              Installer issues. I presume the OLPC folks sent the board to him with
              that intention of his in mind.

              I've so far been only fixing minor bugs in random debian packages that I
              use, and my intention is to make use of this board to contribute to
              debian-boot by testing/bug triage. In case I am not able to do that, I
              guess the best thing to do would be to ship the board back to OLPC.

              Giridhar

              --
              Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/
            • alephnull@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 12, 2006
                On 12 Aug 2006, giridhar@... wrote:

                [snip]
                > my intention is to make use of this board to contribute to
                > debian-boot by testing/bug triage.

                Ah, that sounds interesting. I have been playing with debian-boot a
                little for work (Sun Fire X4100) though I guess most of that work
                would be obsoleted now.

                --
                Alok

                A newspaper is a circulating library with high blood pressure.
                -- Arthure "Bugs" Baer