Re: [DebianIndia] How to committ debs to debian server ?

  • Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
      Hi Karthik,

      On 6/27/06, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@...> wrote:

      On 6/27/06, Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi < star.kadambi@...> wrote:
      Hi Karthik,

      On 6/27/06, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@... > wrote:

      Hi,

      You mean you want to upload it to Official Debian Server? For that, you must have to be "Debian Developer".
      Please see New Maintainer Corner and follow that: http://www.us.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

      I have access to debian servers.

      TIA

      Wow. But, how?

      As far as I know, there are only 3 DDs there in India.

      I'm no DD !

      I have been given aceess to debian-inserver for uploading the package and you can find my name as yours in debian-in .
      _,_._,___

      HTH

      --
      My Fingerprint:

      1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
    • Jaldhar H. Vyas
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2006
        On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi wrote:

        > I have been given aceess to debian-inserver for uploading the package and
        > you can find my name as yours in debian-in .

        To clear up the confusion here, Debian-IN has a subversion repository.
        This is what project members have access to.

        In order to upload a .deb, one needs to have access to the upload queue in
        the Debian archive server system. Only DDs have that.

        What I do when I sponsor a package is make a subversion checkout of the
        source and build the .debs myself. We never accept binary files from
        untrusted sources.

        --
        Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@...>