Re: [DebianIndia] Debian Developers' Workshop - A short report

  • Chirag Kantharia
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
      On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:57:49PM -0000, Sundara Nagarajan wrote:
      | One highlight from the participant feedback was the slow and difficult
      | process of becoming a Debian Developer. There were many who were
      | interested or already contributing for Debian Project. But, they are
      | not recognized yet by the Debian project as developers. This is an
      | area where the Debian Project Leaders should be paying attention, in
      | order to get more serious contributors to come in and stay.

      Hello,

      Apologies for the broadcast mail. At the workshop, SN introduced me to
      somebody called Sai (IIRC) for access to OpenSSI cluster in IIITB. I may
      have got his email address wrong, since I haven't got any replies to my
      mail. If he's on this list, could he reply to this mail?

      Regards,

      --
      Chirag Kantharia, puggy.symonds.net/~chyrag/
    • Aneesh Kumar
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
        On 4/17/06, Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@...> wrote:
        > On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:57:49PM -0000, Sundara Nagarajan wrote:
        > | One highlight from the participant feedback was the slow and difficult
        > | process of becoming a Debian Developer. There were many who were
        > | interested or already contributing for Debian Project. But, they are
        > | not recognized yet by the Debian project as developers. This is an
        > | area where the Debian Project Leaders should be paying attention, in
        > | order to get more serious contributors to come in and stay.
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > Apologies for the broadcast mail. At the workshop, SN introduced me to
        > somebody called Sai (IIRC) for access to OpenSSI cluster in IIITB. I may
        > have got his email address wrong, since I haven't got any replies to my
        > mail. If he's on this list, could he reply to this mail?

        With the last release 1.9.2 you can run OpenSSI cluster with Xen.
        Even though slow it should definetly help you to verify things

        -aneesh
      • Chirag Kantharia
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
          On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:56:13AM +0530, Aneesh Kumar wrote:
          | With the last release 1.9.2 you can run OpenSSI cluster with Xen.
          | Even though slow it should definetly help you to verify things

          Am not looking for a cluster to run OpenSSI, per se, but to test my
          netdump package. But that reminds me - Ganesan suggested checking if
          network driver in Xen can work in polling mode. I have to yet do that.

          Regards,

          --
          Chirag Kantharia, puggy.symonds.net/~chyrag/