Re: [DebianIndia] Debian Developers' Workshop - A short report

  • Prasad Kadambi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
      Hello,

      On 4/11/06, Sundara Nagarajan <snagrajn@...> wrote:

        We also look forward to volunteers to organize the debconf-india.

      *Please* count me in.

      Regards

      Prasad Kadambi

      --
      My Fingerprint:

      1024D/A526A4A5 :  6D7A E790 B4A1 5554 54E2  ECF3 1AA8 6EEE A526 A4A5
    • Chirag Kantharia
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
        On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:57:49PM -0000, Sundara Nagarajan wrote:
        | One highlight from the participant feedback was the slow and difficult
        | process of becoming a Debian Developer. There were many who were
        | interested or already contributing for Debian Project. But, they are
        | not recognized yet by the Debian project as developers. This is an
        | area where the Debian Project Leaders should be paying attention, in
        | order to get more serious contributors to come in and stay.

        Hello,

        Apologies for the broadcast mail. At the workshop, SN introduced me to
        somebody called Sai (IIRC) for access to OpenSSI cluster in IIITB. I may
        have got his email address wrong, since I haven't got any replies to my
        mail. If he's on this list, could he reply to this mail?

        Regards,

        --
        Chirag Kantharia, puggy.symonds.net/~chyrag/
      • Aneesh Kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
          On 4/17/06, Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@...> wrote:
          > On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:57:49PM -0000, Sundara Nagarajan wrote:
          > | One highlight from the participant feedback was the slow and difficult
          > | process of becoming a Debian Developer. There were many who were
          > | interested or already contributing for Debian Project. But, they are
          > | not recognized yet by the Debian project as developers. This is an
          > | area where the Debian Project Leaders should be paying attention, in
          > | order to get more serious contributors to come in and stay.
          >
          > Hello,
          >
          > Apologies for the broadcast mail. At the workshop, SN introduced me to
          > somebody called Sai (IIRC) for access to OpenSSI cluster in IIITB. I may
          > have got his email address wrong, since I haven't got any replies to my
          > mail. If he's on this list, could he reply to this mail?

          With the last release 1.9.2 you can run OpenSSI cluster with Xen.
          Even though slow it should definetly help you to verify things

          -aneesh
        • Chirag Kantharia
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
            On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:56:13AM +0530, Aneesh Kumar wrote:
            | With the last release 1.9.2 you can run OpenSSI cluster with Xen.
            | Even though slow it should definetly help you to verify things

            Am not looking for a cluster to run OpenSSI, per se, but to test my
            netdump package. But that reminds me - Ganesan suggested checking if
            network driver in Xen can work in polling mode. I have to yet do that.

            Regards,

            --
            Chirag Kantharia, puggy.symonds.net/~chyrag/