Re: [DebianIndia] regarding debian developer (fwd)

  • Jaldhar H. Vyas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2006
      On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:

      > On 06/02/23 10:59 -0000, chat_cpandey said ...
      >>
      >> get any reply from him. I want to contribute to debian but not getting
      >> the hook, where to proceed. plz dont tell me to go to
      >
      > File a bug in the Debian BTS detailing the problem that you are trying
      > to solve and attach a patch with the bug report. This is how you should
      > start.

      Yes, using the BTS is key. Remember Debian maintainers are doing this in their
      spare time and they can often get busy. I know I sometimes overlook stuff in
      my personal mail. The BTS helps prevent that. See http://bugs.debian.org/ for
      instructions.

      > maintaineers of orphan packages but didnt get any reply. has any
      one >
      > Which packages are these?
      >
      > Orphaned packages are up for adoption, so you should retitle the bug to
      > replace the O: with an ITA:, and add patches to the bugs that you want to
      > fix, make a source package with those fixes, get the package reviewed by
      > folks on debian-mentors and ask some debian developer to upload it to
      > the archive for you.

      Yes. This procedure is detailed in the developers reference which is essential
      reading. It is available as a package or on the Debian site.

      When you have packages ready, let me know and I will be happy to sponsor you.

      --
      Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@...>