505Re: [DebianIndia] [Draft] Mini-DebConf in India - Report

  • pavithran s
    Aug 16, 2010
      On 16 August 2010 13:28, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram@...> wrote:
      > Mini-DebConf in India - Report

      Nice report. You seem to have missed the entire praveen's
      session+workshop because you missed the // session at FOSS lab .
      Anyways we can add stuff from
      http://www.j4v4m4n.in/2010/08/10/mini-debconf-india-2010-one-of-the-best-free-software-events-we-organised/

      Where praveen after the endless thank you notes has started his actual post by

      "An old Chinese saying says:

      Give a person a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a person how
      to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime.

      That has been my approach through out the workshop. I taught them
      where to find the information they need, gave hints when they needed
      it, shared my experiences. I started with asking them to search for
      ‘debian policy’ and keep it open in a tab. Then ‘debian new maintainer
      guide’ and lekhonee. It is important to remember the key words, we can
      always find the link with a search engine."

      .....Continued at his blog :)

      I am not sure if it qualifies as a part of report but I do think
      COFSUG and Abhijits efforts should be mentioned because without them
      the event wouldn't have been such a success .

      Once again I am not sure if it is informal to mention that praveen
      became a maintainer right in between day 1 and day2 isntead of '
      Praveen Arimbrathodiyil, our newestDebian Maintainer'

      The numbers are inaccurate : as far as my enquiry goes the numbers are
      near 130 on day 1 and 50 -55 on day 2 ( day 2 count could be simply
      taken as seating capacity of FOSS lab + 5- 10 chairs )

      Regards,
      Pavithran
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic