VERY IMPORTANT: Illinois Comcast Subcribers

  • Jinxy23@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2006

      Dear Deaf & Hard of Hearing Community:

      I wrote a letter to Comcast recently and I asked for the request for Comcast Cable to
      provide closed captioning for our Comcast's own programs especially sports and
      news.

      I received the letter from Comcast.  They gave me some questions to answer and this
      will assist in the process of getting this matter resolved and provide us, deaf and hard
      of hearing customers as well as other non-English speaking customers with the
      Closed Captioning feature requested for these channels and programs.

      It is greatly appreciated if you give me 5-minute answers to these questions listed.  I
      need your help and I am doing this favor for all Illinois deaf and hard of hearing
      residents.

      1.        What is the name of the channel(s) on which you are experiencing difficult with the
      captioning?

      2.       How long have noticed that the closed captioning has been missing?

      3.    Is there a problem receiving captioning on all of the programs on the channel or only
      certain programs?

      4.       If you are having the problem only on certain programs, would you be able to
      provide the name of the programs and when they aired (date and time)?

      I know for a fact that we want a closed captioning on Comcast sports (Chicago Bulls,
      Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago BlackHawks as well as other sports),
      Comcast news and the most important of all, emergency information to all of us.

      Hope you have time to do me a favor by answering some questions and I will make
      sure that it will be taken care of.

      Email me at chicagorep@... with your answers (make sure to specify
      channels, dates, times, and programs) by no later than April 30th.

      Pamela Wojcik, Representative
      Chicago Chapter of Illinois Association of the Deaf