(Chicago) Free classes! Computers and iPads and Deaf Employment forums!

  • melissa_at_anixter_center
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013

      Do you KNOW how to use Word, Excel, or email?

      Do you NEED help learning how to use a computer?

      Do you WANT to advance your skills for employment?

      Do you WANT to learn the latest technology such as the iPads?

      Anixter Center Literacy Program will be starting winter classes on:

      "Learning how to use computers:" On January 10th, 2013: 6-7pm in our computer lab

      Or

      "Deaf iPad Learning" on January 18th,2013 at 12:30-1:30pm in our Literacy Lab

      Do you NEED help looking for a job?

       Do you WANT to find out MODERN ways to find a job?

      Do you KNOW how to write a resume and/or cover letters?

      Anixter Center Deaf Literacy Program partnering with JobWorks to help all deaf people become competitive in the search to obtain jobs. We will be covering topics like:

      · writing resumes and/or cover letters.

      · Tips on new ways to search for employment.

      · introducing social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn

      We will be hosting monthly forums starting our first one on:

      January 24h, 2013: 6-7pm in our Polk Conference room.

      Interested? Please contact us soon!

      Melissa Manak | Deaf Literacy Instructor

      Literacy Center
      Lester and Rosalie Anixter Center
      2032 N. Clybourn Ave. | Chicago, Illinois 60614

      mmanak@...

      773-796-5809

      www.anixter.org

      WANT TO LEARN ASL?
      NEED INTERPRETER?
      NEED CAPTIONER?
      NEED VIDEOTAPING?
      NEED CONSULTING?

      No problem!

      Use Deaf Communication by Innovation (DCI)!
      Deaf Owned and Operated Communication Services
      Deaf Communication by Innovation

      DON'T FORGET TO POST EVENTS, NEWS, INFO, ADS, EVENTS, ETC.
      ON THE DEAF ILLINOIS NEWS!

      http://www.deafillinois.com