DEAF Inc. News: Upcoming Events

  • deaf_inc_st_louis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2011
      There's many things happening at DEAF Inc.

      - Reminder: Deafilicious This Friday!
      - Pink Wings of Hope: Flying Beyond Expectations
      - Pink Wings of Hope: Dining Out for the Cure
      - DEAF Inc.: Fore Fore Deaf Children!
      - DEAF Inc.: Public Videophone Available
      - Turkey Chase: Where's the Hen?!

      Reminder: Deafilicious This Friday!

      Countdown to Deafilicious begins!

      Friday, June 10, 2011

      Greater St. Louis Association of the Deaf  (GSLAD )
      2190 Creve Coeur Mill Road, St. Louis, MO 63043

      DEAF Inc. is proud to present its 2nd annual Deafilicious Fashion Benefit. It is a must attend for women and men who value quality fashion for their professions, delicious food, drinks, signing entertainment and great deal of fun! Proceedings from Deafilicious goes to deaf and hard of hearing programs at DEAF Inc.

      Happy Hour: 4:00 pm.
      Dinner: 6:00 pm.
      Fashion Show and Entertainment: 7:00 pm

      Admission:  $25.00, includes: 3 free raffle tickets to win iPod Touch, a delicious dinner provided by SanSai Japanese Grill, fun-filled fashion show, signing performances, music by our local DJ – David Corbett, silent auction, free prizes giveaways and 50/50 raffle.

      To buy tickets in advance: visit http:store.deafinc.org

      Flying Beyond Expectations!

      Pink Wings of Hope, a breast cancer support group at DEAF Inc., is thrilled to announce that they beat their goal of raising $1000 for St. Louis Komen Race for the Cure. To this date, they raised $1600! Pam Diaz, who is coordinating this event, said, "I can not be more happier with the results we've seen this year. Every year, we get bigger and bigger!" Annette Nitko, Pink Wings of Hope Support Group Coordinator,  added, "Komen Race for the Cure is an event that is so dear to us. We appreciate the amount of support that the community gave us. Thank you so much!"  The St. Louis Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is still accepting donations for St. Louis Komen Race for the Cure. If you missed the deadline of joining our team, you can still sign up for the race as an individual, either walk/run 5K, fun walk (1 mile) or sleep in during the race.  Anyone is welcome to walk/run with our team, even if he/she is not registered on our team.  The more, the merrier. Our team members are meeting at 7 AM (Saturday, June 11th) at the Kiel Auditorium steps where the bear statues are at. To sign up, go to Komen's St. Louis Race for the Cure - http://www.komenstlouis.org.

      Dine Out for the Cure

      Boy, Pink Wings of Hope are surely busy! This Thursday, June 9th, they will be meeting at Red Robin (130 Gravois Bluffs Circle, Fenton, MO) for Komen's Dine Out for the Cure. The St. Louis Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is hosting their Dine Out for the Cure at many restaurants in St. Louis Area on that day.  The restaurants are donating some of their proceeds to the Dine Out for the Cure. Everyone is welcome to join the members of Pink Wings of Hope at Fenton's Red Robin. They will be there at 6 pm. For more information on other participating restaurants in St. Louis Area, visit the Dine Out for the Cure website - http://www.komenstlouis.org.

      Public Videophone Available

      DEAF Inc. is pleased to announce that they now have a public videophone for deaf and hard of hearing people who needs to make video calls. This public videophone is in a room and gives the users privacy when making calls. Eric Gjerdingen, Executive Director of DEAF Inc., said, "There are public telephones for hearing people in various locations but they are not accessible for users of sign language. We wanted to give the signers the option of stopping by here when they need communication access via videophone. We're pleased to be added to a list of few locations that have public videophones in the St. Louis metro." To use the videophone, there's no charge. You can make video relay service calls or or make point-to-point calls.

      Fore Fore Deaf Children!

      DEAF Inc. is pleased to become a Silver sponsor for the upcoming CID Alumni Association Golf Tournament and Reunion. "When it comes to deaf and hard of hearing children, DEAF Inc. is always interested in going out of our way to help out!" said Tony Nitko, the marketing director at DEAF Inc. CIDAA Golf Tournament is hosted on Saturday, June 25th. DEAF Inc. hopes to see many other teams chipping in to help students of CID by signing up for the golf tournament. For for information, click here (http://www.cidaa.org/2011reunion/index.html). FORE!

      Where's the Hen??

      Yes, that's right. Turkey Chase is back with a bang! We'll be gobbling again on Saturday, November 19th. More information will be forthcoming, but be sure to book the date!