A Peek Inside My Z Life

  • Karen Putz
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2010

      A Peek Inside My Z Life:

      My husband and I are deaf and we have three deaf and hard of hearing kids. A lot of people are surprised to learn that we have four videophones in our home. We really only need two, but here, I'm going to give you a peek inside my Z Life and you'll see how we use all four.

      ALT

      Every morning, once the kids and the hubby are out the door, my day begins with The Z™. I work as a regional sales manager for Illinois and manager for national VCO.  My main videophone is the Z-150 made by Tandberg. You can read about How the Z-150 Changed My Life — I used to hate the phone and now I call people all day long.  When a hearing person calls me, I slip my headset on, press a button and answer with, "Hello! This is Karen!"  When a deaf or hard of hearing friend calls me, I sit back and chat directly with them.

      ALT

      The Z-340 is parked in my kitchen.  It is connected via WiFi, and it is the family phone. I can do dishes and chat at the same time. The Z-340 can be moved from room to room, even in the middle of a call. I have brought my Z-340 outside into the backyard to share my newly planted flowers with a friend. When we have parties, the Z-340 is a big hit. We have connected with other parties in other states at the same time. We once connected with my husband's college roommate for two hours during a party—passing the Z-340 around so that everyone could have a chance to talk. We can also hook the Z-340 up to the big screen TV so that everyone can view the conversation at once.

      The Z-Ojo is my main videophone for new customers to call me,
      and they can leave messages. Soon, all the Z videophones will have an answering machine for point-to-point calls. Having two videophones in my office does come in handy, though. There are times I run them both at the same time, getting information on one call and talking to someone else on another.

      When I travel, I use the Z4 on my PC laptop, and it is available for Mac users, as well. I can connect with two Z4 users at the same time and have a three-way chat. I can connect with a co-worker on one, then switch to ZVRS to make a call and gather information while my co-worker is still connected to me. I can run a presentation while talking to a new customer, and we can both view it. Best of all, when I'm the road and someone is calling my Z videophones at home, I receive a Z Alert to my pager that tells me about the call and includes a phone number. I then use the Z4 to call that person back. With My Contacts, my address book is loaded into all of my Z videophones, so I'm never without a number!

      You, too, can have a Z Life!

      For more information or to learn more about VCO Plus, contact Karen Putz at kputz@.... Click here to send e-mail

      Karen Putz
      Video Solutions Manager- Illinois

      ZVS Manager-National VCO

      cid:3340783982_29482228
      The Z™ | CSDVRS, LLC
      kputz@...
      630-405-6263
      www.zvrs.com

      NEED INTERPRETERS? No problem!
      Use Deaf Communication by Innovation (DCI)!
      Deaf Owned and Operated Interpreter Referral Agency

      DON'T FORGET TO POST EVENTS, NEWS, INFO, ADS, EVENTS, ETC.
      ON THE DEAF ILLINOIS NEWS!

      http://www.deafillinois.com