19346Steppenwolf ASL Interpretation: This Is Our Youth -- Friday, July 18

  • Evan Hatfield
    Jul 1, 2014

      Don’t delay, folks   the deadline for purchasing tickets to this performance is Monday, July 14. Except for the seats we’re holding for patrons who require ASL-interpretation, this production is almost completely sold out. After July 14, unpurchased seats that are reserved for people who require ASL-interpretation will be released for sale to the general public.

      American Sign Language-Interpreted Performance

      This Is Our Youth

      Friday, July 18 – 7:30pm

      Steppenwolf Upstairs Theatre

      Tickets: $20 for people using the ASL Interpretation. One companion may also purchase a ticket for $20.

      This Is Our Youth

      By Kenneth Lonergan

      Directed by ensemble member Anna D. Shapiro

      ABOUT THE SHOW

      The Steppenwolf Theatre Company production of This Is Our Youth will be produced on Broadway by Scott Rudin in Fall 2014 at the Cort Theatre.

      Set in New York in 1982, This Is Our Youth follows forty-eight hours in the lives of three very lost young souls: Warren, a dejected nineteen year old who has just stolen $15,000 from his abusive, tycoon father; Dennis, his charismatic drug-dealing friend who helps Warren put the stolen money to good use; and, Jessica, the anxiously insightful young woman who Warren yearns for. Funny, painful and compassionate, This Is Our Youth is a living snapshot of the moment when many young people go out into the world on their own, armed only with the ideas and techniques they developed as teenagers—far more sophisticated than their parents realize, and far less effectual than they themselves can possibly imagine.

      Featuring Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin and Tavi Gevinson.

      Sign Language Interpreters: Al Raci and Lissa Treger.

      To watch a captioned interview with the cast, please click http://www.steppenwolf.org/watchlisten/videos/detail.aspx?id=195&cc=1.

      LINE OF SIGHT

      The interpreters will be on the right side of the South section, in front of Row A, Seats 1 to 4. Seats in Rows B through H, seats 1 to 4 have been held specifically for people who use the interpreters.

      BOX OFFICE

      Our website is currently experiencing technical difficulties, and is unable to process online orders for this performance. To purchase tickets, please use one of the methods below.

      To order tickets over email, please send your request to access@....

      Ordering in person or over the phone? Please tell the operator that you’re interested in sign language interpretation – that helps us find you the best spot in the theatre with the clearest view of the interpreters.

      For more information about the play and Steppenwolf, please visit www.steppenwolf.org.

       In person 1650 N Halsted

      Phone (312) 335-1650

      TTY (312) 335-3830

      E-mail access@...

      Box Office Hours

      Open 7 days a week except for certain major holidays

      11 AM to 5 PM Mon-Sat & 1 PM to 5 PM Sun

      Open until 7 PM on days with evening performances

      Steppenwolf is located near all forms of public transportation and is wheelchair accessible.  Street and lot parking are available.  Assistive listening devices and large print programs are available for every performance.