    From: Amber Smock [mailto:asmock@...]
    Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:50 PM
    To: Amber Smock
    Subject: RSVPs Due for This Month's Disability and Education Town Hall!

    Dear Access Living friends and allies,

    We have less than a week left for people to RSVP for the Disability and Education Town Hall! RSVPs are due by 5 pm on Monday, October 14. The Town Hall itself is on Saturday, October 19 from 10 am to 1 pm at Access Living at 115 W. Chicago. If you need disability related reasonable accommodations, Spanish translation or childcare, YOU MUST RSVP by end of day Monday so that we can make arrangements. People are free to show up without an RSVP, but we may not be able to accommodate requests without enough notice.

    This is an incredibly important opportunity for families, students and teachers in the CPS system to talk about what is or is not working for students with disabilities in CPS. Disability advocates will be on hand to listen to testimony, which will take place from 10 am to 12 noon. Access Living and Equip for Equality will be noting what is said and creating a summary for public distribution after the event. Advocates want to know how we can best help advocate for what students need in CPS.

    In addition, we will have a resource fair from 12 noon to 1 pm. Organizations with tables currently include Access Living, Equip for Equality, the Family Resource Center on Disability, the Family Support Network, the Illinois Lifespan Project of the Arc, the Chicago Hearing Society, Sage Community Health Collective, and the Chicago Teacher’s Union.  Please get in touch with Rod at restvan@... if your organization wants to table.

    For those who want to testify, please keep your testimony to 2-3 minutes if possible. We expect a number of attendees.

    *Deaf and hard of hearing attendees: we will have ASL interpreters and CART.

    **Access Living is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment. Please avoid wearing perfume and scented products.

    ***Access Living is physically accessible, but parking in the area is metered or in lots. We encourage people to use public transit or plan time to find parking.

    To receive an RSVP form please email Candace Coleman at ccoleman@.... We also have flyers and forms in both English and Spanish.

    Please spread the word!

    Amber Smock

    Director of Advocacy, Access Living

     If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.

    ***************************************************************************************************************** The information in, or documents attached to, this e-mail contain confidential information. The information is the property of the sender and intended only for use by the individual or entity named above. The recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing the contents of the information to another party. If you are neither the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure of contents in any manner is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of this email immediately if you received this information in error. ****************************************************************************************************************