pbem suggestion

  • Nathaniel Garth
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2003
      Recently, my favorite game store had gone out of business, and I have no one to game with, (that and I also am studying for my Law school exam)I know there are a few pbem games from people on the boards, and I am not trying to step on anyones toes, I was thinking about doing one myself. It is a difficult task. I was wondering if anyone could given me some pointers and also if anyone is interested in joining one.

      Thanks for your time,
      Nate

      Mike Lowrey: Hello?
      Marcus Burnett: We're your new neighbors.
      Mike Lowrey: Don't be alarmed, we're negros.
      Marcus Burnett: Naw man, naw! Too much bass in your voice. That scares white folks. You got to sound more like them.
      [In high pitched voice] Bad Boys 1995
      Marcus Burnett: We were wondering if we could borrow some brown sugar..?

    • Megan C Robertson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2003
        > Recently, my favorite game store had gone out of business, and I have
        no
        > one to game with, (that and I also am studying for my Law school
        exam)I
        > know there are a few pbem games from people on the boards, and I am
        not
        > trying to step on anyones toes, I was thinking about doing one myself.
        It
        > is a difficult task. I was wondering if anyone could given me some
        > pointers and also if anyone is interested in joining one.

        Well, I play in lots of PBEM (including one rather fun Deadlands one),
        and am starting a D&D one myself.

        The main thing you need to do is keep the momentum going. Find out what
        the natural posting frequency of your players is, work with it but drive
        things onwards.

        Probably best to stick to the 'role-playing' aspects. Do the die rolling
        on the players' behalf. Abstract things like combat - get a general idea
        of what each character wants to do, then write a narrative description
        of what transpires (in stages if you like, give people an opportunity to
        interpolate with other actions...).

        Above all, have fun.

        Oh, and I'll happily play if you'll have me.

        Hugs and kisses,

        Mexal.