Re: [Deadlands uk] Re: Deadlands New Era(1920's-1930's)

  • Brian Rosenberger
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2003
      I've been wearing my CoC book out with the skill, equipment and timeline. I'm currrently setting down a time period with some Deadlands twists and the CoC mainbook timelines are great. I'm also using Dark Matter and HOE. So far most of the new skills can be used from DL or HOE skills. I may want some new Knacks and am definitly looking at persons of the Era for those DL twists to add in. One thing thats going to be interesting is the fact that Stone and Dr Hellstrome are both still running around. I need to work soon on how the various conflicts are going but I belive after the Great War it would be a time of relative peace (at least politicaly). Well thats were I am at the Moment . I'll keep you all updated as things get done. If anyone has anymore suggestions keep them comming. I can use all the help I can get. What started as a small DL add on for the group is becoming its own being.
      Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2003
        In terms of peace, consider where you wish to run your game.

        Nearly everywhere was affected by the Great Depression of 1929.

        Germany, after a period of massive inflation, saw the rise of the NSDAP
        ("Nazi") culminating in Hitler's appointment as Chancellor in 1933.
        [Hitler and his friends were quite interested in the occult...]

        Spain had a civil war in 1936-39, which led to Franco's regime (lasting
        until the late 1970s!).

        India saw rising civil unrest as the people there grew tired of British
        colonial rule.

        And so on...

        Hugs and kisses,

        Mexal.