Re: [Deadlands uk] Film Adaptations

  • Jess <sagedragoni@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      I am a coniseur of western movies From the old serials of republic
      all the way to modern TV shows. I use them all. I think the best
      ideas I have come up with is the serials. The cliffhanger plots.
      Though the serials were a bit tame for their time, the plots are
      still there. And the best way to get a player annoyed is to have them
      tied up toa mine pole, a keg of gun powder about to blow and just
      before it does, you turn and say "well thats it for this week guys."
      Incidently. Part of my website is devoted to western movies if you
      need a name of a movie.

      As I have said, I have given my players the chance to play centaurs,
      elves, dwarves and other races. I have thrown it a fair amount of
      undead and lythcanthropes and the group has even done a few
      alternitive earth jumps and time jumps. I can't speak for other
      groups but my group loves it. NO BBJ your not alone here. The alien
      bit I have not done yet. Thanks for the idea though. One of the
      greatest adventures I took from the movie The White Buffalo, with no
      disrespect to the native spirit. Here is the plot anyone can use but
      works best if there is a plains native in the group:

      It is the first day of winter and legend says that on this day the
      giant white buffalo comes to bless the land. All wait in eagarness to
      see it emerge from the woods. But something is wrong. Instead of
      emerging from the woods in peace, it comes crashing through like a
      bat outta hell. It destroys woodlands and native camps. A shoman says
      they must find out what has angered it. One thing leads to another
      and another and soon ther group finds out this is not a real uffalo
      but a machine, created by a mad scientist to destroy the native
      lands. The real buffalo was captured

      The rest is for you guys to work out. Have fun

      Jess