Re: [Deadlandsuk] Prices...

  • Lorgryt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Correction... $100 a pound... woops.

      Bo

      At 09:03 PM 1/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
      Raw Ghost rock is $100 an ounce, and coal is ... well, here is a Quote from an article I have written, but not posted:

      "Wasatch Willy’s Guide to Locomotives"

      "Right now Coal costs about a penny for 20 lbs, that comes out to about a dollar a ton.  Most locomotives use about a ton every 10 hours, about 225 lbs an hour… about 15 shovels full to start her up, and 15 per hour to keep her happy.  Now, if Ghost Rock hadn’t been found I expect coal would have cost twice as much.  And, all of this information assumes you are keeping the train at its operating temperatures.
      Buying coal is easy, every railhead has a source, just bribe the station man or buy it outright.  In either case, if you ain’t supposed to be there you better have gold."

      I am still waiting for Shane to respond to my e-mail about it, nothing yet, so I haven't posted it.  Figured I would give him first crack at it.

      Erron "Bo" Whitten (C) 2003

      At 12:48 AM 2/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      How much does ghost rock and coal cost? I only ask in case a Mad
      Scientist needs some for his device.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      6fff2ed.jpg
      6fff36f.jpg